“Excellent service”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The casino needed updating compared to others, but the overall experience was excellent. Hotel staff was very cordial. I had read several reviews stating the hotel was run down and the staff was rude. We never encountered any of this.

Room Tip: We were in a room at the end of the corridor, so we did not hear any noises from the elevators or pe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mare384
Jordana A, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very disappointed. It was an anniversary trip for us, and we hadn't been gambling for many years. Upon check in at the Inn, we were informed that we would have gotten a MUCH better rate if we had called the hotel directly. Yet, she didn't offer to change that, and we booked directly from the Isle website. When we walked into the room, we certainly overpaid. Carpet was awful, dusty and dirty. Even the lamps- all 3- were damaged looking and filthy. The bathroom was ok, but not clean enough for us to want to shower in it(we were only there one night). Casino buffet made my husband extremely ill all evening, and in my opinion, was the worst casino buffet we ever had. The servers were great, however. We play slots, and we were in disbelief how little we were allowed to win. We lost A LOT of money. We are responsible gamblers, so we know the risks, but geez this place is just a money sucker!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Ameescar
Jordana A, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We are sorry your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been. While some of our rooms are not as new as others, we always demand cleanliness as well as attentive service. We would like to discuss your experience in more detail to learn how we can make your next visit a much better one. Please give us a call at 800-430-2300. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The people is so unprofessional rude down to hotel check workers the Isle cheat you out your money also make their own rules up i will never go there again .................... If u wanna lose money this the place to be at ...........

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Chrisxx22

Hi Chris, we would appreciate an opportunity to talk with you about your experience. We stress the importance of customer service to all of our employees. Your feedback can help us ensure our guests are receiving the best service while visiting our casino. Please give us a call at 800-430-2300.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Isle of Capri is on the river, but in a very industrial, flat-out ugly area just before the big bridge that goes to Lake Charles. Wee bit challenging to get to with all of the construction and road machinations. Stayed at the Tower in a Parlor Suite. Room was very dated, didn't look like the modern furniture, soft carpet, and decor on the website's picture, the little bar fridge didn't chill very well, but it was fairly large and clean. However, we couldn't keep the maid from compulsively reordering our toiletries in the bathroom when she cleaned, and she threw away my Daisy razor and the cap to my shave gel. I had left both on the little shelf in the shower. Annoying.

The dining options did not look appetizing, so we went into Lake Charles to eat. (Leonard's Food Quarters, hole-in-the-wall, but great Cajun fare.)

The casino hypes itself as the loosest slots in Lake Charles, and that is total bulltwinkie. We had stayed the night before at 7 Clans at Coushatta in Kinder and done very well with the slots there, but lost it all at Capri. Very tight machines. Plus, we couldn't even get a danged drink! Tried with two different hostesses and neither one came back, so we gave up and went to the self-serve stations for soda.

We checked out early and went on our way. Won't be back. If you are a couple looking for a romantic stay, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river, or you may just get a view of construction, trucks, dirt, and equip...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladyirishcharm
Jordana A, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that your room didn't meet your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with great experiences at our hotel and casino. We would like to talk with you more about your visit so we can figure out how we can make the next one better. If you have some time, please give us a call at 800-430-2300.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfy. I had gotten the reservation on line and it was advertised with two free buffets and $10 fan play money. When I asked them for the $10 fan play money they told me it had been discontinued. I was referred to a "person" on the phone while at the register desk and he told me it was no longer offered someone forgot to delete it from the online ad. I told him that was one of the reasons I had booked the room there and I have the computer printout of the offer and he said well I am not there to see what you have. That ticked me off a bit so I said to him well I have one of your employees here standing in front of me and she can read it to you. He suttered a bit and said "let me talk with her". She asked me for the printout and read it to him over the phone. After much conversation back and forth he finally gave the registion person authorization to honor it. This was the only unpleasant part of that trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 520Norma

Hi Norma, we are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during check-in, but we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here again for business. Nice hotel. The Inn has nice rooms and is clean. Great prices during the week. Restaurants on site (not the greatest food and long wait times), convenient to the interstate. Will return again.

Room Tip: I get a quiet room... high floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We made a family trip to Lake Charles expressly for visiting Louisiana casinos we hadn't been to before. I had a players club card from the much smaller Isle of Capri in Natchez, Mississippi and brought it along for the trip. Having been to this location in Lake Charles, I now understand why people wrote negative reviews about the quaint little riverboat in Natchez. The Lake Charles facility is huge and packed with amenities. The covered parking garage had so many stories that it has apparently become a local tradition to watch fireworks from its rooftop judging from the mob scene we inadvertently encountered up there on July 4th. But I am getting bored with these gigantic tropical theme casino resorts. I am a slots player and when I see all this overkill decor it makes me seriously concerned about how tight the machines will be. I went to the players club at Lake Charles and after a long wait in line got a less than thrilling result from the host behind the desk. I already knew I wasn't a brand new customer to the chain itself. But I practically had to beg the guy to swipe my card and see if I had anything on my account or if they had any incentives because I was a first time visitor to the Lake Charles casino. Nothing at all. I felt quite unwelcome, especially when I boarded the boat and found my Natchez issued card didn't work in any of the Lake Charles machines. I went around to several different types with no success. I knew the card wasn't demagnetized because it worked on the host's computer and I was able to swipe it at the promotions kiosk. The slot attendant I showed this problem to simply told me to go back to the so-called Fan Club. Once again the line was very long so I gave up in disgust and left. One would have at least expected the host to be aware of this discrepancy and issue another card in the first place. Our next stop was L'Auberge where we were treated much more cordially by the staff. Unless the Isle of Capri sends us comps, it is extremely unlikely that we would return to their Lake Charles location in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BuickMackane
Jordana A, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We apologize for the issue with your card and our staff. We strive to create an excellent customer experience for everybody. We would like to hear more about your visit so we can work towards a resolution. Please give us a call at 800-430-2300 when you have a chance. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#11 of 35 in Lake Charles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!