Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
US$79
Hotels.com
US$136
US$124
Golden Nugget Hotel(Lake Charles)
US$181
US$104
US$101
Courtyard Lake Charles(Lake Charles)
US$123
Courtyard
US$76
US$74
US$98
All reviewstower roomfan clubpenny slotsgarden tublarge tubtable gamesbreakfast buffetcomfortable bedsthe room was niceking bedblackjackdealerspayoutscomp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We booked this hotel online while we traveling through Louisiana. The rates were very good (69.00) and the room was nice. We enjoyed the casino but had to wait a very long time to play at the only $5.00 blackjack table they had. Loved the dealers...the hotel staff were polite ...but let me tell you about the Calypso Buffet! We went in for lunch and had to interupt the hostess that was busy visiting with a co-worker...she then told us to sit where we wanted to. After going through the buffet, (which was horrible and made us both sick about 30 minutes later) our waiter comes to the table to say that we are not allowed to sit where we were! It was not roped off and no signs to tell you any different. We were treated poorly by the guys behind the counters and the waiter and would not go back there again!!! Trying to sleep is another story. We stayed in the tower, which was nice, we went to bed and I heard this roar going off and on ...sounded just like planes taking off and landing just outside our room. We called the front desk and asked if we were by an airport?! They said that it was the riverboat motors. I guess i would recommend not staying in a room with a view of the lake because you will not get any sleep. They do need to clean the carpets but other than that it was a pretty place to be.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I don't usually stay at hotels of this caliber. What a pleasant surprise. The room was huge, had a balcony, jazzuzi. I almost didn't want to leave the hotel to gamble.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2010

first of all i am not going to compare this place to vegas come on now i am not stupid..we have been going there since they open up and over the years i have seen the up dates so i know that they do update.it was pretty bad after the hurricane but it bounce back even better we go there every monthand i will continue to until Texas has their own .will be there October 29 with bells on (GOD WILLING)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We visited the Isle of Capri Lake Charles in August and I just wanted to say what a great time we had. By no means is this a lavash property, but for a nice getaway and a little gambling this is a great choice. From the time we checked in to the moment we checked out everyone was friendly and willing to assist us. I wanted to compliment the hotel manager, Chris, as well. We ran into him a few times during our stay and he was always a pleasure to speak with. If you are looking for a good place to gamble a little and have a mini vacation then I def recommend the Isle of Capri Lake Charles.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roamingtraveler
Reviewed 30 August 2010

While walking up the uneven sidewalk I fell. One of the managers saw me fall and ask if I was ok. I said "I think so". So he walked off, didn't even try to help me up. So I went to the front desk and told them what happened. The lady ask if I needed the EMT's, I told her I didn't think so. She walked off. Today I called and talked to the manager Chris. He said that the way they do things, a report should've be filled out. Then you might say, he turned and walked off. So if you stay there watch your step. Because they do not care.
We have stayed there many times in the past, but never again.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family