“Good Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Killeen, United States
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel was out of the way of the hustle and bustle of New Orleans, but close enough to get to everything within 15-20 min. If you don't mind driving back and forth to events then this hotel is great. Food was good. Rooms were clean and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Jamal-you were short and sweet and to the point and so I'll try to do the same. I know our future fans are probably like, "is this all the guy has time to do?" It's actually one of my favorite tasks because it allows me to not do the boring stuff!

As I said, short...Thanks Jamal, it was a pleasure having you and I’m glad you pointed out that we're about 15-20 minutes from whatever you need in the Greater New Orleans area.

Thanks for your honest review and I know we'll see you again soon!

Christopher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at the Bayou Inn for 9 days and found the stay very comfortable. We were attending the Rotax World Finals at Nola Motorsports Park The hotel is the closest to Nola Motorsports Park with a 10 minute drive in traffic. The hotel is not a 5 star but the staff do an amazing job with what they have. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. The staff are all great and they make you feel at home. The drive to downtown is 20 minutes and the cab fare is $30 so you are still close to all the action and great restaurants. This hotel has very good rates for what you get, We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thanks Wjsdunning for saying it better than I ever could! This is really why I love Trip Advisor. I could advertise that we are the closest hotel to NOLA Motorsports like I have been but your review will probably get read more than my advertisement ever would.
We are thrilled to be the closest to hotel what will be one of the south’s best driving and go kart tracks and I am proud to be a supporter and work with the track for their many events that they have had and will host in years to come.

Many of our guests were international for this event as you are from Canada so it was very important for us to make sure that our guests traveling as far as you did were comfortable with us while away from home.

Thanks also for complementing our team. I always post our reviews for our entire team to see how much they impact each and every guest and its reviews like yours that keep us going, so thank you.

After 9 days wjsdunning, I would say your framily(not a misspelling;) and we can't wait to see you back soon!

Stay warm,

Theodore, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was warned not to stay at this hotel because the people at work said this was not the best area of town to stay in, however it was close to work so I took the chance. I did not have any problems with my car being vandalized (they have security on duty at night ). The hotel is nice! The hot breakfast was really good. The room was nice and clean. The only complaint I had about the room is that the cleaning supply smell was overwhelming and since I have asthma, it was hard to breathe. The TV worked well, and had a good choice of channels to choose from; I couldn't get the hotel wireless internet to work. The hot water stayed hot throughout my showers, and while the water pressure wasn't fantastic, I didn't end up with a "low-flow hairdo a la the infamous Seinfeld episode". The bed was extremely comfortable, and because the hotel sits somewhat off of the road, it was quiet so I slept really well. There were some kids running around the hallway when I got there and I thought I'd have trouble with the noise but once I got in the room, the noise level was minimal. Overall, it was a good stay. I would recommend this hotel; the rate was good for what I received, the service was great, and the breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well my first thought Ms. Elizabeth was to find out who those people where that you work with! But I’m glad you trusted your own instincts and gave us a chance.

Thank you for also taking the time to share with our future guests about your experience because I suspect there are a few guests reading your response right now wondering if our area is safe or not and well determining whether they should stay here or not, so thank you and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us as much as you did. Our Hot Breakfast on the Bayou is definitely something that Ms. Mammie and our other Breakfast Ambassadors take pride in making our guests first meal a great one.

I also appreciate your feedback about our internet. Our I Care Ambassadors are trained to assist guests in getting online and or retrieving the help of tech support, so I do sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectation in that respect. I can assure you that I have noted your concern and will work with my guest internet provider to ensure that future issues do not happen again.

Thank you again Ms. Elizabeth for giving us a chance, we look forward to seeing you again.

jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

very courteous and helpful staff,,clean , nicely decorated room,with good amenities microwave,,fridge etc. would stay there again,,they allowed us to leave our car there to depart on a cruise,, excellent place

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well I hope you enjoyed your cruise James Y. I'm sure your cruise was much deserved and worth the wait. I'm also happy that we were able to watch your car for you while you were away, yes it’s just another perk of staying with people who care, park for FREE and cruise. I'm sure you found that a taxi to the port is $30 for up to four people including bags to the port.

Thanks again and now you know where to stay for your next cruise.

We'll see you soon!

Christopher Anderson
Blackpool, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Excellant hotel with friendly, helpful staff (in the main) but spoiled by a lack of attention to detail. The breakfast items were not replenished until they were totally exhausted, the hot food was, at best, just warm, and the fresh fruit salad when eventually replenished was frozen. On one occasion our room was not properly cleaned and coffee supplies etc were not replenished. On this occasion reception staff were less then helpful. That said, the rooms were comforable, the location quite convenient for visiting NO. It is relatively convenient to crossthe river by ferry from Algiers Point, this avoids the heavy traffic especially on the bridges.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blackpoolwanderer
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you Blackpoolwanderer for your honest review and I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. It sounds like we let you down and I am truely very sorry. As you may have read its not characteristic for us to not keep the breakfast stocked or miss things in houskeeping.

I can assure you that I have shared your review with my entire team but particulary with our Heart of House Team Leader and with our Breakfast Ambassadors to ensure that we're doing everything we can to avoid future guest experiences like yours. I know slip ups will happen, but I’m confident in my team that situations such as you mentioned will not happen again.

As I have said in the past, we're far from perfect but when we do fail to meet our guest expectations we will do what we can to make it right. I do hope that you give us another chance as proof that we can deliver on our promise of creating great experiences.
I hope to see you again soon,

Cedar Rapids, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had occasion to visit the NOLA area recently, and stayed at the Best Western Bayou Inn in Westwego, LA. We were extremely pleased with not only the price, but the rooms, the hot breakfast, and the front desk clerk was most helpful as we had never been in the area before and she was very friendly and informative. This motel is very close to all the attractions we wanted to see in NOLA and easy to get to. We will most certainly stay here again if we have occasion to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ethel W
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you Ms. Ethel, it looks like we added another family to our family and I know that you'll always need an excuse to get out of Cedar Rapids especially in the winter!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, in fact its guests like you and the rest reading your review that keep us going and keep us excited every day, so thank you.

Come take a cruise next time, stay with us a few nights and sail off into relaxation and enjoy some drinks with fancy umbrellas. I already have your itinerary; you have a room so it looks like we'll see you soon!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our room here was very nice. It was clean as a whistle and the front desk staff were very nice. Everything seemed to have been updated recently. I am one of those people who checks mattresses, and I am pleased to report that our room was BEDBUG FREE! The continental breakfast was not bad. I'd go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MagNEATO
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Well with a name like MagNEATO and with more than 100 reviews under your belt I think many of our potential guests will believe it when you say you look for cleanliness and I'm glad we passed your test!

Thanks for such a wonderful review but I do have to correct you on one thing...our HOT Breakfast on the Bayou is much more than a "continental breakfast". Let's not confuse our future fans...the only thing continental around here is the car you might arrive in or the airline you flew to get here:)

We'll keep it clean as a whistle for you and see you again soon!

Until next time,

Christopher Anderson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!