“Hotel Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calexico, United States
“Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Excellent hotel and staff. The overnight experience is still memorable. Check in and check out were great; the room and bed were excellent, pillars were soft, TV, WOW! Very convenient microwave and refrigerator. I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area. A four star experience from a four star hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thanks Mr. James! I'm happy to hear we delivered and met your expectations. Come on back and maybe we'll send you home with a Comforel pillow of your own.

Christopher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We came to NOLA for a weekend of music at Tipitina's. There was a hematologist convention in town and hotels were sold out so we decided to stay on the Westbank. Having had a great experience at the Bayou Inn last year it was an easy decision to return. We could not have been more pleased. The location is just perfect and the staff makes you feel right at home. They will answer every question, print out directions, advise places of interest & dinning etc. Again this year we would return to the hotel after 3AM and felt safe in the parking lot and lobby where we would sit and enjoy a cup of hot tea before going to our room. Try the local market across the road for fresh fish and home made andouille sausage. We bring some home to NYC

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Well thank you Mr. Peterhoumala1 for not only for informing our future guests about your great stay but for also being the first guest to leave us TWO Trip Advisor reviews! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your 2nd stay with us enough to let our guests know that we're consistent.

I'm sorry I missed you this trip but it sounds like our team took excellent care of you and your wife. We can't wait to see you on your next trip from New York.

Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were visiting New Orleans for the 1st time & wanted a hotel outside the city but close by. This hotel was perfect! The staff was friendly, rooms were very clean & the breakfast was fabulous!! Miss Mayme greeted us every morning w/ a warm smile & lots of southern hospitality! At the front desk, Bree & Chris were super helpful everytime we needed suggestions & tips for visiting New Orleans. For your next NOLA visit, check out the Best Western Bayou Inn! We loved it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I think "outside the city but close by" might be our new tagline Lori V. It describes us perfectly but then again so does, awesome, amazing, charming, clean, friendly...I forgot if I was describing the hotel or myself there.

Seriously, thank you for letting our future "framily members" know about your great experience. We love it when we meet NOLA first timers because we know that we will see you again, the question is just how soon.

We wish you a safe and happy holiday season and hope to see you in 2014,

new kensington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

this hotel was close to where I was working. there were not a lot of restaurants close by but a short drive you will have a good selection. I did not get a chance to use the pool but I loved the Jacuzzi in my room. the bed was very comfortable. I am a coffee snob and the coffee here was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for sharing your experience Ms. Linda. It sounds like you enjoyed our newly renovated King Jacuzzi room with the fancy mosaic backsplash and Italian marble tile with modern fleur-de-lis decorations and details but that's only because I picked it out.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and most importantly that you were close to where you needed to be. Around here we wouldn't say you’re a coffee snob, you're just very particular about what coffee you drink...we'll put a few extra packs in your room next time.

CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Home away from home. This hotel is ran by a family and their friends, hence the homey feeling it gives one upon arrival. They are all friendly both to the customers and to each other. It is very clean and breakfast is always good. Thank you Mammie : )
I found out about Happy hour (it is 5pm to 8pm) during my stay. It is a great way to end ones busy day !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thanks DXLR8 for such a wonderful review. We're excited to have you as our "Framily" and can't wait to see you back soon.

Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We searched on the internet for a nice hotel that would meet our budget and still be close to family functions on the West Bank and in New Orleans. We were blessed to find this fine establishment to make our stay in New Orleans a joy and a success. The reason for our stay was to attend a post wedding celebration with my family here in New Orleans. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this fine establishment from November 16 - 23, 2013, albeit to say that we will gladly return in the near future. Mr. Christopher Anderson, General Manager is a miracle worker and has earned the praise and respect of his staff. One of his hotel staff member candidly mentioned to me that Mr. Anderson treats his employees well and all that work for him are loyal and enjoy working under his management. That statement alone spoke volumes and I knew that the accommodations would be exceptional; clean, quiet and the staff would be more than hospitable during our stay. All this to say that the hotel staff were wonderful and more than hospitable; they went beyond the call of duty to make our staff pleasant and perfect and it truly was. I have no doubt in my mind that when we return to New Orleans again, the Best Western Bayou Inn will be our new home away from home. Thank you, Mr. Anderson for operating a fine establishment and for honoring and treating your employees very well!

Randy LaBorde

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
All I can say Randy is thank you. Thank you for being our guest, we were delighted to have you for the duration we did which allowed for you to see your New Orleans family and become one of our newest "Framily Members" .

Honestly, I've never had a guest write or say anything quite like you have other than my parents when they would come and stay at a hotel I was managing. I just thought they had to say that stuff because that’s what parents do. It really takes a special kind of guest to analyze our entire operation, which I'm thankful many guests do not (it's not fun when your vacationing) to see and realize what you wrote.

I'm far from perfect, but I’m passionate about what I do and one thing I learned early on in my career is when you surround yourself with people who care, people who share your beliefs and goals but most importantly people who you can have fun with then it's not really work and I think that is what we have here and the environment I’ve always strived to have at all of the hotels I’ve been a part of. Not every day is fun, but I do get excited to see my team every morning and I try to do what I can to keep them happy because they are truly the ones who keep guests like you happy.

Thank you again for such a wonderful review Randy, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was impressed with the hotel and staff at our stay. Hotel is in great condition and the room were excellent. Breakfast and Beer at happy hour was a plus. I would consider this hotel again for leisure or business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thanks Jeff for your GREAT review. I'm delighted to hear that your experience with us was an enjoyable one and I can't thank you enough for letting our future guests know just how much you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for also mentioning your Weekday Evening Lagniappe...because my team and I happen to think that our guests enjoy "a lil something extra" when your with us:)

Until next time,

Christopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!