“Nawlins Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Little Rock, United States
“Nawlins Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel was clean, well appointed and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great, but the breakfast area was cramped and had to be constantly restocked. The ladies running the area attempted to keep everything stocked but several items ran out a few times each morning. I am not sure how that could be helped as the area is minimal for the size of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

cmonee, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hey there Anthony! Thanks for sharing your great review with our future fans. We always love it when our "framily members" share their great experiences for others to know what to expect and I'm happy to hear we didn't let you down.

I apologize about the size of the bayou room. We've made so many enhancements to the bayou room already including the placement of the Internet Cafe Bar for additional seating and rearranging the layout of the breakfast presentation. Ms. Mammie's breakfast is just that popular now. We are trying though and I thank you for noticing.

We can't wait to see you again soon!

Christopher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Somerville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice rooms, very helpful and attentive staff at desk. House keepers were friendly and would pleasently greet you in hall way. Efficient service at breakfast. Good location for visiting New Orleans ,just a few minutes to bridge to cross river.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Dane D
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you Dane for being our guest and for sharing your great experience with our future guests. It's so great to hear that our team left you with such a positive experience, certainly it's what we strive for each and everyday.

Thanks again and we'll see you again soon, hopefully before Mardi Gras of 2015!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our stay was during Mardi Gras. We had an excellent stay. The only bad part was our room was next to the ice machine and had a lot of noise from other guests. Overall can't wait for our next trip back

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We can't wait to see you back Adriana! Thanks so much for sharing your great Mardi Gras 2014 experience with our future guests. It was a cold and rainy one but at least you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm sorry about the noise of the ice machine but I know we'll be able to put you in a room where you won't hear that noise next time. We'll take care of you.

Until next time,

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent Staff!!! Everyone was so nice.. It's a small, quiet, and clean hotel with free parking and continental breakfast!! Located near West Bank expressway so 10 to 15 min ride to New Orleans!! We definitely stay again! The breakfast was really good to say it was free:)

Room Tip: Stay on first floor if disable or elderly due to stairs only
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jellie G
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thanks Jellie G! Although the weather was up and down this year for Mardi Gras it's great to hear that you still enjoyed your time in New Orleans and most importantly your stay with us.

On behalf of my team, we thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with our future guests. We can't wait to see you back again, hopefully before next year’s Mardi Gras!

Fort Walton Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I try to have this hotel booked when in the New Orleans area. Very good location as it is close to the French Quarter, Clearview and other locations in the area, great service, guest specials (margarita Monday, happy hour) and love the hot breakfast. Everyone is always friendly and I have received person emails regarding a few of my stays.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Henry J
South Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I wanted to take my family to New Orleans to visit the Aquarium and the Zoo but didn't really want to stay in the city because of all the crime. I researched and found this little gem. We were very pleased. This hotel is very clean and the staff are some of the best I have ever had experience with at any hotel. The only complaint I can even think of if I even consider it a complaint is that the breakfast area is too small. The breakfast is wonderful but the area is too small and crowded. The water pressure in the showers are great and the linens are thick and soft. The beds are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa12177
san leandro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel was.Horrible they where very dirty and the staff was very rude. My pillows snd sheets where not clean I.had blood.on one of my pillow cases. The hotel charged my credit card $250 stating that we smoked.in the room which we did not.I had to call customer service because the guy at the front desk would not call for a manager and told me he wasn't calling anybody and he would call the police and put me.out the hotel because I asked to speak to a manager. They end up finding out that they charged the wrong rm and they in up giving me my money back but the whole.thing was horrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tamika t
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you Mik for your honest review. Although, I thought your problems were rectified while you were with us, I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and will not be able to recommend our hotel to anyone. I can assure you that your experience is rather inconsistent with the majority of our guests reviews and comments and I apologize that we left feeling bad about your stay.

As I apologized in person to you while I worked diligently to get the funds back into your account, please accept my sincere apologies again. I personally never want a guest to leave unhappy or feel that they have to turn to a social media site to share a negative experience and I'm very sorry that I failed you in this respect.

My team and I work very hard each and everyday to make our guests experience with us a positive one given the many reviews contributed by our guests. We're not perfect by any means but I have always tried to do the right thing and make it right for our guests when situations a rise.

I'm very sorry I let you down Mik, my team and I will work harder to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Safe Travels,

Christopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#108 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!