“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Invermere, British Columbia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 days when we were down for the last weekend of the New Orleans Jazz Fest and it was great. The hot breakfast was one of the best we have had at a breakfast included hotel. Unfortunately, it is a little further away from the French Quarter and the Jazz Fest than we like. We knew that, but waited too long to get something booked and of course, couldn't find any great deals at any of the French Quarter hotels. The staff were helful here and the rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the outdoor pool as well. I would recommend this hotel for someone wanting an affordable clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I'm more than certain that with a name like Sunseekers you definitely enjoyed the Louisiana Southern Sun while relaxing in the salt water pool! And with the weather being probably the best it's ever been for Jazz Fest you picked a great time to stay with us.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your Breakfast on the Bayou, Ms. Mammie is a popular lady preparing it most mornings, she really does a great job.

We can't wait to see you again for next years Jazz Fest, while we're the closest hotel I'm happy to hear our friendly service and clean rooms won you over.

Thanks again for sharing your great review with our future guests!

Christopher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kimberly, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A clean, comfortable room at a GREAT price. Centrally located, about 15 minutes from everything New Orleans, but off the beaten path so it is quiet and cozy. Near a Bayou State Park, which was neat. Helpful staff for us tourists and a tasty breakfast. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I just love it when our guests say it better than I can. Thanks so much for your GREAT review Kiz L. What's really great is you sound like a local now because that's the line we use most often, "we're 15 minutes away from almost anything" without traffic this is very true so thank you for sharing it with our future guests and yes Bayou Segnette State Park is a little jewel. Come back with your friends and family and enjoy the wave pool when it opens for the season.

Thanks again, I know we'll see you soon!

Percy, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very clean Motel. Smiling friendly staff happy to help you with your room needs. They have a hot breakfast with plenty of choices on what to eat. Great area just minutes from Bourbon St, the aquarium and other attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well it sounds like you enjoyed your experience with us Ms. Narda and I'm delighted to hear you found our location to be convenient enough for you to accomplish the list of many things to do while visiting New Orleans! Sometimes I feel like the gieco commercial, stay here and save $50 or more, I promise that was funnier until I said it out loud.

Thanks again for sharing your great experience with our future guests I can sense that someone is booking a room because of your review right about........now:)

Until next time,

San Diego
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

5th day of our 30 day road trip. So far pretty good hotels. I must have clean and reasonably priced room. This one did not disappoint. Bed was comfortable and breakfast was above average. It was margarita Monday and they were free and pretty good. Chris the manager was exceptional.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Well thank you Ms. Chandra for such a wonderful review. It most certainly was a pleasure having you on Margarita Monday (my personal favorite day of the week by far when I'm working). While I knew you were traveling I didn't know that you were just starting your 30 day adventure, it really means a lot that you included us in your travel plans and I hope that the rest of your trip was as great as your stay with us.

Safe travels,

Toronto
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Only 10 minutes from the French Quarter and a good hot breakfast.
Nice sized rooms.
No restaurants nearby.
Our room smelled musty.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room. The odd numbered rooms are beside a noisy gas station.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for for taking the time to let our future guests know about your experience with us Allinghj. I would like to sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Although some may read your survey and feel that it was good but we don't set out each and everyday to just be called "Ok" so again, I'm very sorry we failed to meet your expectations.

Thanks again for being our guest and I greatly appreciate your honesty.

Clinton, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

it was all great......the staff was excellent, it was close to stores, other places to go like the State Park......I liked the idea that Yvette made a point to call my room before she left for the day to see if everything was ok and to see if we needed anything else before she checked out. thanks so much....Jerry....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your great review Mr. Saunders. I'm so happy to hear Yvette was able to make your stay enjoyable and truly lived up to our slogan of stay with people who care.

We can't wait to see you again soon!

Houston, TX
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Best Western Bayou Inn is located conveniently on West Bank Road in Westwego, Louisiana near the Tournament Players Course of Louisiana. This hotel is on the west or the south side of the Mississippi River, but just a short drive to restaurants in Westwego or across the bridge to restaurants in West Metarie and Metarie.
This hotel is a good value if needing to be in this area of New Orleans. The staff was courteous and took the time to aid us during our stay. If we are back for the Zurich Classic golf tournament in the future we will be staying at the Best Western Bayou Inn.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor if you have baggage. There are only stairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
I love the name! Thanks for providing cheap advice to our future guests, I couldn't have said it any better!

I'm delighted to hear our team was able to make you feel right at home while you were visiting for the Zurich Classic. I can't say much more, as you already did...good value and convenient location is what our middle name is if we had one:)

I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, my team and I can't wait to see you again soon!

Christopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!