“Will stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Killeen
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was in town for a church conference for a couple of days. The hotels in the area were pretty much booked. I was able to to my first night stay here and I was glad I did. Even though it was about 8 miles from the church, it was a lot better than the one I had that was a lot closer. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and the breakfast was good. Will book a lot earlier the next time for my stay in the area. 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks for sharing your great experience Willie D! We were delighted to have you along with your delegates with us. I'm sorry we only got to have you for one night but one night is better than none and it sounds like we might see you again soon maybe for a leisure trip.

Thanks for being our guest Willie,

Christopher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff was some of the nicest I've ever experienced in a hotel. They greeted me warmly every time I entered or exited the hotel.
Great breakfast, comfortable bed, free Wi-Fi and a very clean room; overall a very pleasant stay.
There was one negative: the AC unit ran only in the auto position. I enjoy sleeping with the fan running continuously (less outside noise) but the low/high fan positions didn't work.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Welcome to the FRAMILY KatL! Were we do our best to treat our guests as our friends and our family. Thank you for spreading the word to our future guests about how you enjoyed your experience, you're review will make a difference.

I'm sorry about the problem you experienced with the PTAC or air conditioning unit. Over the past two years I have been progressively changing out the units that are 10 years old as they quit on us, it sounds like this was one of them, but it doesn't sound like your stay was ruined.

Thanks again for being our guest, it was a pleasure having you and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Christopher Anderson
Dillon, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

A Clean, quiet comfortable room was most important and that was there. The pool was clean and refreshing. A Fresh, full breakfast was served in pleasant atmosphere with colorful artwork on signage and on walls.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience Newsdog93! We love to hear "Good Value" come from our guests and I know our future guests reading your review appreciate it as well.

Thanks for also mentioning how much you enjoyed your outdoor salt water pool and your Hot Breakfast on the Bayou both must haves for my vacation for sure.

And we always appreciate it when our guests shout out Simon, the most colorful artist New Orleans has to offer in my opinion. Other hotels have tried to get his artwork...thankfully he's loyal to ours, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again soon!

Covington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I love this Hotel! Everyone is so friendly and helpful! When I check in they remember my name, both Richard and Keith! My Home away from home. So close to the New Orleans area and yet away from all the congestion. I can stay at this hotel and be in Kenner, Metairie, Gretna or downtown New Orleans in just a few minutes. Mary puts together a wonderful Breakfast in the morning. Christopher the general manager always sends me an email with gratitude for my stay, and quotes Shakespeare. I highly recommend staying at Best Western Westwego!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

cmonee, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Well Ms. Gina you are very welcome! We love having you as our guest and just seeing you as a return guest is thank you enough but we really appreciate you for taking the time to share your great experience with our future guests.

You're definitely apart of the Team Bayou Inn "Framily" and we can't wait to see you again soon. Maybe this year you won't be spending your birthday with us again but if you do, we'll make it a great one again!

Until next time,

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Based on the price, the qualities of service and accomodaion are excellnemt. I found problem with floor carpets that is probably fixed by now. The breakfast was excellent. There is no parking problem. The hotel i slittle too far from downtown but it is about 15 minutes drive to and from downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi there Bishwa! Thanks for sharing your great experience with our future guests and as you said the problem with the carpet has been fixed, thank you for bringing it to our attention, we're just sorry that we didn't catch it sooner than you.

I'm happy to hear that you found our location to be just what you needed and you enjoyed your Breakfast on the Bayou, it is pretty awesome and Ms. Mammie does a wonderful job.

I guess the only question is when will see you and your family back?

Hopefully soon!

Thanks again,

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My friends and I were visiting New Orleans for a few nights and wanted something close enough to be in driving distance of the French Quarter but for budget and safety reasons were okay with going out this far. We did make the drive about 6 times, but it wasn't too bad and it was worth it to know we were safe at night and could splurge in the city. The hotel was good, we didn't really have any complaints. It was pretty much what we were all used to when staying in hotels. The breakfast was pretty good, we made it each day for the last half hour and the attendant always kept fresh food out, which we definitely appreciated. Everyone was very kind at the front desk and breakfast, and then cleaning staff was nice and even reminded us if we wanted to exchange our towels since we kept our "Do Not Disturb" sign up. It was a good stay and even better when I realized how good of a rate it was, so definitely perfect for us. The area is nice with a lot of options for food around, really cheap gas station next door, and a state park across the street that we wandered into a little.

Green Features: We noticed they had the easily cleaned remote that was good to see as well as reminding us about our towel use while keeping us comfortable to exchange them if we wanted.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for sharing your positive experience with our future guests Kiersten W. It sounds like you were well educated and informed prior to making us your New Orleans home away from home which made your stay a success!

You mentioned one special thing that no other guest has mentioned before, our clean remotes. If you didn't know Kiersten W, Best Western is working hard to lead the industry in superior customer care and cleanliness. All Best Westerns you stay at should feature the clean remotes, triple sheeting and whether you see it or not a UV sanitizing wand that kills 99% of all surface germs. While these are only a few of our tricks, as you saw we do use these tools for the safety of our guests, after all you deserve a clean and restful stay!

So thanks for honing in on that detail, it means a lot and I'm sure it will to our future guests reading your review!

We can't wait to see you again next time,

Invermere, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 days when we were down for the last weekend of the New Orleans Jazz Fest and it was great. The hot breakfast was one of the best we have had at a breakfast included hotel. Unfortunately, it is a little further away from the French Quarter and the Jazz Fest than we like. We knew that, but waited too long to get something booked and of course, couldn't find any great deals at any of the French Quarter hotels. The staff were helful here and the rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the outdoor pool as well. I would recommend this hotel for someone wanting an affordable clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I'm more than certain that with a name like Sunseekers you definitely enjoyed the Louisiana Southern Sun while relaxing in the salt water pool! And with the weather being probably the best it's ever been for Jazz Fest you picked a great time to stay with us.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your Breakfast on the Bayou, Ms. Mammie is a popular lady preparing it most mornings, she really does a great job.

We can't wait to see you again for next years Jazz Fest, while we're the closest hotel I'm happy to hear our friendly service and clean rooms won you over.

Thanks again for sharing your great review with our future guests!

Christopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#109 of 162 in New Orleans
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!