“Mini NOLA Vacay”

Best Western Bayou Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westwego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Spent one night here and have absolutely no complaints. The hotel staff was great, our room was clean, breakfast was wonderful and the cheese and wine upon arrival were a pleasant surprise. I would highly recommend and definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with our future guests Dawn! Isn't Wine Down Wednesday the perfect Lagniappe? We thought so over 2 years ago and it's been a hit ever since. Next time don't miss Margarita Monday:)

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Incredibly hectic trip where I had ONE WEEK to move to my new state of Lousiana, to learn all things New Orleans, to find a home, to furnish the home, to move into the home, and to start training at the new job! Richard and the staff at the Best Western Bayou Inn made this event a very comfortable event. Thank you! Very informative, very nice, very accomodating to service my room around my eratic hours.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wow! Just reading your review made me tired, I can't imagine how tired you must have been after enduring all of that Emvidaurr.

I'm so happy to hear that we were truly your home away from home and Richard along with the rest of our team provided you with a great first experience of New Orleans living so to speak. It's a great city, with great food and wonderful people so I know you will enjoy your new life here.

Now when you have your out of town guests come to visit you know just the place to have them stay!

Don't work to hard, enjoy your new life and as they say, "laissez le bon temps rouler."

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was an excellent motel and in a very safe area, considering it being located just south of the New Orleans city. The employees were very nice and very helpful with all our needs. Would recommend this motel to anyone staying in this area. The facilities are well maintained and clean inside and outside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James R
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for your great review Mr. James! As you mentioned we are a wonderful choice for business travelers as well especially given our Weekday Evening Lagniappe...who doesn't need a Margarita on Monday or two beers on Tuesday to relax and unwind?

Your review is most appreciated and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Breakfast was excellent. Room was large and beds comfortable. Pool is very small. Parking is free, which was a big selling point for us. Not too far from N. O. and fairly simple to find. Close to Destrahan Plantation and River Road.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nila H
cmonee, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for sharing your great family experience with our future guests Nila. While I don't know that I can enlarge the pool (believe me I would have tried this already:), I am happy that you found our location to be convenient and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

When my dad and I pulled into the parking lot we weren't really sure about it because there was a cop car out front, but as soon as we stepped inside we were instantly greeted and had excellent customer service our entire stay there. The room was clean and comfortable. I did have an issue with the wifi, but eventually that was resolved. The continental breakfast was good. The night manager is very friendly and helpful. My last night there I was having car problems so the next morning as I was getting ready to check-out my car wouldn't start and the staff was more than happy to help me start my car. The night manager was still there that morning and after talking to him the night before about my car he let me extend my check-out time an hour so I could go get my battery replaced.
I highly recommend this hotel if you don't want to deal with all the traffic and narrow streets of downtown and the French Quarter.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kimberley72190
cmonee, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Well I'm glad you weren't deterred by our Jefferson Parish Police Officers! I actually encourage them to hang out here in addition to the 4 hours of detail service they provide to ensure the utmost safety of our guests and their property. I know when most guests see police and they think "bad" but in our case they're "good" and full of great knowledge of our surrounding area.

I'm sorry you had car troubles while you were with us but it sounds like we took care of you and helped you as much as we could after all that's what we're here for! Thanks for recommending us, we can't wait to see you soon...no car troubles this time though:)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is so affordable..... It's like staying at a luxury hotel but the price is just cheaper. They have everything from a coffee maker, microwave, kitchen, free breakfast, and comfortable beds. I mean you can't get a better deal like this anywhere for this amazing price. The area seems safe across the street from a gas station on one side and the other side faces the parking lot so you can see your car. The hotel is very clean thanks to housekeeping they really do a great job and check in was so smooth. You need a car for this area too. There are very popular stores not to far from the hotel as well. Everything was perfect and we are very pleased that we stayed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Well ViajanteDos, you've left me completely speechless! All I can say after reading your review is THANK YOU! I know I would reserve my room today after seeing how great your experience was. I only hope we can live up to the future experiences of our future guests.

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are from WI and our family stayed there 2 nights. A friend recommended this hotel saying that it was a nice and clean place to stay. The manager made us feel more at home and not such like outsiders when he mentioned he was also from WI. The free hot breakfast was great. They called and made reservations for us to go on a tour that they recommended. Just minutes away from New Orleans.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for sharing your great experience with our future guests Mr. Darrell and to think I didn't even bust out the cheese head:)

It was a pleasure having you and your family as our guest and a special thanks to your family member who recommend us to you. I think I owe her a free night in our King Jacuzzi Room!

While my team and I welcome all of our guests individually being from Wisconsin it's hard to not get excited when a fellow Wisconsinite wanders in to see us.

Thanks again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon on your next family adventure!

Christopher Anderson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Express Inn and Suites
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 23 in Metairie

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!