“History and luxury seeping with charm.”

Nottoway Plantation Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White Castle
uptowngirl504
“History and luxury seeping with charm.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you love history, especially southern you will LOVE Nottoway. The history is very interesting, and they tell you the entire history of the mansion. The rooms are spotless, authentic, and well appointed. The atmosphere of the land and the river is serene. There is not much to do around the immediate area. This is a great place to come to relax, and hide from the world.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the main house, and suggest staying in any room. There is nothing cooler than being...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Theodore
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Excellent service. Very helpful staff. Beautful room and grounds. Tour guide great. Reservationist excellent. Helpful and friendly. Went for our anniversary will definately go back and give you all great reccomendations.

Kerrville
Reviewed 26 August 2014

It was a great get away. Loved the mansion tour. It was nice and relaxing. Close to go to New Orleans for the day. Easy to get to and people were very friendly. That accents were awesome. History was good.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I booked to stay here for two nights on a bit of a whim. I'm in the middle of a big roadtrip across America with my boyfriend and we felt like we deserved a bit of luxury. We stayed in one of the cottages and the cottage was lovely - big comfy bed, huge bathroom and the cutest little porch with two sweet rocking chairs. Had we just gone for the nice room, I'd have been happy! But we wanted to spend our time relaxing and chilling out and I was looking forward to lying by the pool. The pool area is lovely but the pool itself... not so much. The water was milky and you couldn't see your hands in the water, let alone the bottom of the pool, and there were lots of little bugs swimming in the pool. It wasn't really very appealing for swimming. In all the pictures we saw online, the water was crystal clear - maybe it was just in desperate need of a clean. Which is gross that it got so murky! Also, there were no towels provided in the pool area.

Our booking also included complimentary breakfast tokens for the plantation buffet. On our second day, we got to the breakfast room at about 8.40am and there was hardly anything left, despite being told that breakfast didn't finish until 10am. The tiny bit of scrambled eggs were dry and burnt on the bottom, there were no pancakes, a spoonful of hash browns and soft, squishy fruit. Plus, for some reason we kept getting seated in the main dining area on our own, when everyone else seemed to be directed to the wrap around window seat. Just a small thing, but it was annoying that it happened on both days!

The best thing about our stay was the mansion tour. Our guide was excellent. I can't remember his name but I think it was only his second day doing the tours on his own. He was enthusiastic, knowledgeable and incredibly friendly. The house is lovely and it was nice to be able to look around - for anyone who has ever been to Hearst Castle and told to not step off the carpet/don't take pictures with the flash on/don't touch anything etc etc, this is a very welcoming change! The house is also just near to the Mississippi river which was a nice thing to go and take a look at.

Oh, and don't forget your bug spray!

Thomasville
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful home, but there needs to be something done about the wood smoke that is coming from kitchen to bedrooms upstairs. We stayed in room 1 and barely made it thru the night. We could not sleep for the nose and throat irritation from it. Next morning we asked to be moved to the other end of house and you still could smell it but enjoyed the rest of the stay. I did not have any more problems with irritation but my boyfriend got sinus infection from it.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was meant to be a special trip with three daughters. When I rented I was assured of two queen beds in the room and also requested a late check out! I received confirmation that I did, indeed, have a late check out between 1 ~ 3:00 p.m. When we arrived we were told we had a cottage..when entering the cottage there was one bed. I called and was told the sofa was a Queen hide a bed. There were no linens available and this was a very uncomfortable substitute for a bed...and I was paying a premium for the rooms (two). The following day we had a late breakfast, took a tour of the plantation and sat on the porches and visited. when I checked out there was an additional $50.00 charge for each room and when I questioned this I was told it was because we stayed [past the noon check out. When I explained that we were guaranteed a late check out I was told they never do this ~ no I am sorry, etc. I paid but when I arrived him I sent a letter to the manager...this was weeks ago and I have not had the courtesy of a reply. I made my reservation via Booking.com and they are working on this for me. The grounds are beautiful and the food good but
I would never go back because of this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Loreauville, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Attended a family wedding and was very pleased with ceremony and accommodations. It was nice to have the whole family together before and after the wedding. Also was great to all meet up for breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

#3 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Comfort Inn Donaldsonville
Comfort Inn Donaldsonville
#2 of 6 in Donaldsonville

Been to Nottoway Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!