“Lovely home”

Nottoway Plantation
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We visited Nottoway Plantation and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and knowledgeable tour guide. Although we did not stay overnight, it looked like it would be a wonderful place to stay. We were saddened by being told that some of the guest "take" a souvenir when they are allowed run of the house after hours. We did feel that this was the most commercialized of the Plantations that we visited but still enjoyed it.

1  Thank RRTexas

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The house was beautiful. The tour was informative and concise. The grounds are amazling. I would have loved to stay here overnight, but it's hight over priced. It appears that if you stay in the rooms in the mansion, your room will be part of the tour. The white room is not to be missed and worth the trek for that alone. I believe I got some orb pictures here.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Enjoyed touring this plantation. Tour guide was a little lengthy in her presentation. She didn't realize that people were leaving her to walk in to the next room. My group starting having issues standing so long. We left before the tour ended.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is by far my favorite plantation. The tour was wonderful; very informative. I'd like to go back someday and stay the night in the big house!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Decorated in period antiques with some original pieces. Fantastic museum included. Sensational views over the Mississippi River from the balconies where you can sit and ponder what life must have been like on these sugar plantations. We had just visited Oak Alley before arriving at Nottoway and wished we had just spent all our time at Nottoway. Not as touristy, with an excellent restaurant.

Been to Nottoway Plantation? Share your experiences!