“Nice property-thin walls”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Winnfield
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice property-thin walls”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pleasant stay overall, but the walls are too thin. I tried to let my neighbors know they were talking too loud, by letting them know I could hear everything they were saying quite clearly and was ignored, so I turned up the nice TV to avoid hearing their conversation. It is one of the nicer hotels in the area in spite of the thin walls. They provide a hot breakfast in the room price even if everything is pre prepared. The room is standard, clean and includes a microwave and small fridge. There is a pool and a modest fitness room. The hotel is located next to a Walmarts and is good for a night's sleep once everyone gets quiet..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Angela B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend for a wedding. The rooms were clean and nice. Walls are a little thin, but it was not a big deal. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the pillows are as well. The front desk workers were friendly and courteous. They were there to help in any way that they could. I would recommend this place to any who have to stay in Winnfield.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is a bit rough around the edges being somewhat dirty, not terribly well maintained, and the breakfast is a bit sparse - all of which could be overlooked given the limited options in the area. What is absolutely horrible about this hotel is the noise, there is no sound insulation between the rooms...none, zero. On three different stays, I've been woken by the alarm in an adjacent (and unoccupied) room. When staying here I always ask for a room that is isolated from other guests as you can hear the TV, telephone conversations, and even the snoring of adjacent guests. If your hearing is poor and you don't require very clean accommodations, this hotel might work for you...otherwise I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oleo541
Bridgewater, IA
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Not perfect, but reasonably priced, and worth consideration.

Clean rooms, very high quality sheets and towels, decent breakfast selection. Staff was very polite.

The local water is not clear in appearance, and the paint and carpets could use some attention as others have mentioned.

We thought it was a solid 4 stars, with a little polish it would be 5.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I can overlook many things in a hotel but a clean bathroom is not one of them. There was mold and scum all over the shower curtain. There was pubic hair in the Sink and the staff is uncaring rude not attentive. This place sucks. I have family in the area so I have to visit frequently but I would rather drive an extra 10 miles to be in a clean environment.

Stayed November 2013
Shelbyville, Tx
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have stayed here before and overlooked the thin walls since the rooms were pretty clean and the staff had been polite and accommodating. But this time was not good. Food was scarce, unclean, trashy! Brown ring around toilet entire time, room not cleaned first day, no toilet paper refill, no hot water several times in 4 days, did not vacuum or clean room or bathroom well at all. I could go on and on, but just really disappointing. Staff seemed to always be smoking outside or eating breakfast, drinking coffee as the place is really nasty in the eating area.

Room Tip: You are on your own!
Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marie C L
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We booked 3 rooms for 3 nights to attend a funeral. Housekeeping very rude. Wouldn't give me their name even when I repeatedly asked. Argued with me screaming and yelling at me. Told me she was "grown" when I asked for her name. Complained to front desk she was told we needed a 12 o'clock check out because we didn't have to be at funeral home until 1. She said she didn't remember and we really only needed an extra 15 minutes but I spent 30 arguing with staff. Very poor.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!