“Not Pleased At All!!!”

The Winnfield Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Winnfield
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I was travelling to Winnfield for a funeral of a dear friend. I booked my hotel online in advance and was charged in full the very next day on my credit card. When I checked out I was given a paid invoice for a lesser amount than I was previously charged. When I asked the clerk about the discrepancy in the fee she could not explain to me why there was a vast difference in the previously billed amount and what was reflected on the invoice that I was given. Instead, I was asked for my telephone number and was told that the morning manager would have to call me back on tomorrow. I did not receive a call from the "morning manager" the next day so I called Best Western later that afternoon. The lame expaination given to me by the morning manager did not make any sense at all.

Now let's talk about the room...The brown water makes it look like someone went to the bathroom and didn't flush the toilet. Thank heaven for bottled water cause I was not drinking that nor brushing my teeth with that stuff. There was a large gap under the exterior door and the frame at the bottom. I had to fold up towels and place around the door as well as crank up the heat in the room in order to sleep that night. Overall, this was not a pleasant hotel stay experience. Furthermore, I would not recommend this particular hotel to anyone as a choice of accommodations. Nor will I ever stay there again. The only bright moment for me and this particular stay was the staff at Embers. They all were very nice and attententive to their guests.

Room Tip: Run Forrest run!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Room was clean,bed comfortable, front desk staff were very friendly,very quiet so got a great nights sleep.Embers attached to the hotel made a mean patty melt and very filling breakfast I would recommend them ! The water is brown but normal for the area and doesn't smell!

Room Tip: If your staying for a few days ask for the apartment!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The room was clean and had a pleasant scent. The bed was very comfortable and I had a good night's rest. I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The room was clean and spacious, but had a scent like they were trying to mask another smell (perhaps someone smoked in it before) - but not an issue. Beds were a bit tall - not the easiest getting in & out. Kid loved the pool. Brown water wasn't an issue (didn't have sulfur smell like Orlando or Louisiana water). Rather high price compared to other places (but apparently average for Winnfield) - wouldn't have been happy except with available discount. Looked at the Economy Inn on US 84 prior to this, but came here instead (rooms visited there were not good, and almost same price).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Though the front desk lady was courteous, I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone! The room was not ready when we checked in, the shower/tub was dirty, the water is a brown color (which they say is "normal") and the shower randomly goes from scalding to freezing with absolutely no in between. They will "try" to get maintenance to check it out for us. Gee thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was travelling for work oh, a year and a half or more ago and decided to give the Best Western Winnfield a try. At that point I was on the road about 4 nights a week, I have very simple rules for repeat stays at a hotel, it must be friendly, clean, and most of all welcoming. After my first stay it met all of those criteria and became a weekly stop for me, the attached resturant the Embers serves homestyle cooking with homestyle service, the waitresses soon get to know you and pretty much know what you want when you walk in, I wander in and a cup of the local favorite (community) coffee is ready to be passed to me. I have met and made many friends in this little hotel, Sue, Tina, Stephany, Scooter, and even the owner Mike know me by name and always have time for a chat (if you spend a good deal of time on the road you know how important that can be) to kill some time. Well time went by and about 6 months ago my rout changed and I was no longer able to stay in winnfield, I missed the place and the people, both staff and the locals who accepted me as a member of the "coffee drinkers". Recently due to having to cover for a team member who changed possitions I have been able to come back, and nothing sums it up more than when the locals saw that I had returned and made their way over to shake hands or the staff did a double take and smiles broke out and I heard those words that every traveller likes to hear "welcome home"

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank TuathanBashieres
Reviewed 6 September 2011

It's Winnfield, LA, folks - welcome to it! (It's not NYC or London - keep your expectations realistic). The Best Western Winnfield is a perfectly good little place, the food is conveniently located in the restaurant attached to front office. You won't necessarily get exactly what you ordered, but don't complain - just eat your food! (I bet you like it, no matter what you get). Have some breakfast - the local folk will be in for coffee and eggs and newspapers and gossip. It's nice. The rooms are OK. Each has a little fridge and microwave in it. Nice outside access to every room. The staff are friendly - welcome to Winnfield!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank GiveMeEat

Been to The Winnfield Lodge? Share your experiences!