“nice meal, good service”
Review of Ravenous Beastie

Ravenous Beastie
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Although about to shut, were welcomed and had lovely 'all day beakfast' Several customers came in behind us and advised that they were welcome but may have to wait as only one person on site. Served extra tea and toast whilst waiting and meal very tasty and reasonably priced

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you very much ladies. I would hate to let anyone down and we try hard to please. It is a bit nerve wracking when so many people come in, all at the same time. Your understanding is gratefully appricated.

There are newer reviews for Ravenous Beastie

Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Booked this room very cheap and had a lovely stay across road from wedding which i was attending at Orroco Pier. Room was lovely and clean. There is a cafe downstairs where I ordered one of the nicest steak n onion baguettes ever tastest which was delivered to my room for me to enjoy. There is a fridge in the room which was a nice touch. Breakfast in morning wax lovely. Had a great stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank DonnaD1968
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you very much, your comments are gratefully appreciated and I will pass them on to my staff, to help encourage them to continue to strive to please ourr guests

Reviewed 20 April 2013

A b&b in a great spot just between the two bridges in South Queensferry. The rooms are a bit dated and could do with some refurbishment and a lick of paint. But I slept very well. Breakfast was excellent, smoked salmon with scrambled eggs was perfection. Parking is not a problem 5-minutes' walk away (for free). Warning! Their advert on booking.com website claims "Dalmeny Rail Station is within a 10-minute walk". That is not true. If you are fit and you run the whole way, you might do it in 10. Otherwise it takes 15-20 minutes. They should correct this information - I missed my train as a result of this fib.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fidgetus
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your comments, they are gratefully appricated.
I must be honest, and admit I have tried in vain to enter the page to edit the question of the length of walking time to Dalmeny Station, and I no doubt will try again tomorrow. Giving up for today as I find it impossible to find.
The question of the decor, well the rooms are being re painted at present, personally by myself. So I am working my way through them one by one. Nearly there, though. Whether you appreciate the choice of decro is a personal one. I accept. I am doing the best, I think I can, as I always use a professional interior designer. I will never be able to please all, but I can assure all that no expence is spared in striving to actually try and do exactly that. Needless to say I will continue

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Had brunch in the cafe. Excellent food and service. Ordered a fry and waitress offered some alternative items to replace unwanted ones. Fry came with a hot drink and a glass of juice. Great place to stop off on our way to the airport at the end of a holiday

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank TingTing90
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for your comments I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your brunch and especially the new mum feelling comfortable in bring her new baby into Ravenous Beastie. Young familys are always welcome.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

My mother and I went for a trip to South Queensferry on Mother's Day and found the Ravenous Beastie. Was a little hard to spot however we went in a got a table. Staff we encountered were welcoming and friendly. The food we received was nice and averaged priced for the location. Cleanliness was good and the staff were quick to tidy tables. Service was relatively quick to our table. I would recommend you visit this little place, if I'm in town, I'm sure I will.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TheJeromeShow
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for your comments. I will certainly past your remarks over to our waiting staff at our next monthly meeting.I hope you will visit us again sometine in the future
Moira Cunningham

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We made our first visit to this small cafe on Easter Monday. It looked quite cozy and inviting, and we were pleased to get the only available table. Service was slow as there was only one waitress, but we didn't mind too much as we weren't in a hurry. What we did mind however was the poor quality of what we eventually received. We had ordered two filter coffees, a goats cheese panini and a minute steak sandwich. The coffee was watery and tasteless; the minute steak was gristly and inedible. When the waitress collected our plates I pointed to the left over chunks of steak and said that it was 'gristly and not nice at all'. This produced zero response from the waitress; not even a token 'sorry about that' - she simply walked away.
There was no attempt at courtesies when we went to pay at the till, and needless to say no offer to deduct anything from our bill. Overall a very negative experience. We'll definitely go to a different cafe next time we are in South Queensferry - there are plenty of other options to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travel-Lightbeam
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Travel- lightbeam, Firstly I'd like to apologies for your experience in Ravenous Beastie on Easter Monday. Most defineatly not the experience we strive to provide for our customers. Thank you for taking into consideration how busy we were in the afternoon, however there is no excuse for the bad service you recieved. Sometimes "things" go wrong no matter how hard we try to aviod them but by all acounts you did not recieve the appropriate reponce from the waiting staff on duty. I was not aware of the experience you had until recieving this review. For that reason I thank you, it allows me to investigate and get to the bottom of it.
I would like to apologies and assure you that I will be having a meeting with the member of staff involved. Defineatly does not sound like someone I want to be representing Ravenous Beastie

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Popped in after a wedding the night before and was extremely hungover! The owner was lovely it was almost like we were her kids when she was running through the breakfast options, there was of course only one option for moi a full Scottish which hit the spot, my partner had a bacon roll which she enjoyed, service was good and the young lad who looked after us when the owner left was polite and helpful. We would have a breakfast in here again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you for your comments, I remember you both and your comments are much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Orocco Pier
#3 of 4 in South Queensferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
West End
West End Hotel
West End Hotel
#101 of 393 in Edinburgh
Innkeeper's Lodge Edinburgh, Sou...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry

Been to Ravenous Beastie? Share your experiences!