Ravenous Beastie
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
Dakota Edinburgh(South Queensferry)
Tally-Ho Hotel(Broxburn)
  • Pool
All reviewsforth rail bridgeb bstayed overnight herehigh streetcobbled streeta wee bitcomfortable bedfull scottishroom keyfamily roomon arrivalstay there againstayed one nighttop floorexcellent staycooked breakfastpremier inn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Second stay here, really nice location, right on the main road, front rooms have a great view of the Forth Road Bridge, and are very comfortable, however can be noisy from weddings in the hotel across the road.
Sometimes the service can be a little scatty but the breakfasts are good, and if it's sunny nice to sit outside

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ascot_Flyer
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your comments, they are gratefully appreciated and will be discussed at our next staff meeting. I take on board your comment "scatty" and know exactly who you are talking about. A really nice girl , who trys hard to get it right. I spoke with her at the weekend and had a 1 to 1 training session with her about breakfast services. Hoprefully "scatty" is not longer a problem.
We will continue to strive to improve our service

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have been here a few times before. We've only had coffee and cake/scones, not a meal, but the food menu looks inviting. Coffee (even for one person) is very nicely served in a china pot. So far, we have tried the chocolate brownies and the carrot cake - both very tasty! There is music playing in the background, but it's not intrusive.
The cafe is located above street level, so is a bit further removed from the noise on the ever-busy High Street.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for your comments they are gratefully appreciated. Its good to know we can get it right.
, it also help encourgae our staff to continue to strive to improve in ever way we can. Thank you

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I live in Cramond and love to venture to the Ravenous Beastie on a nice weekend morning so we can sit outside and have a breakfast roll and a Latte whilst watching the world go by. Delicious food, lovely waitresses and they always have a bowl of water for the dog and a friendly face. Highly recommended. We ate at the Orocco Pier on 7th August and it was the most dismal experience we have had and would never go back, it was a pity the Beastie was not open as we would definitely have taken our guest from down South there for some good food and service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for you comments, they are gratefully appreciated. All comments posted are discussed at our regular staff meetings, good and bad. As we continue to strive to improve our service and facilities

Reviewed 10 July 2013

we had a confirmed booking, yet were greeted with unfriendly disregard while the coffeshop was empty... oh ... and no room was available.

i had a business meeting 1 hour later so I asked if I could change somewhere. they offered me a toilet which had the size of my suitcase.

we politely requested to cancel the booking, we had even an argument.

no need to bother with this one. there are many more service minded B&B in the area.

Room Tip: anywhere else but here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ron r
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,
Yes, I am sincerely sorry that we were over booked by mistake, on your arrival last week. It is a situation we strive very hard not to happen, sadly it. However, I nor the two staff members or customers present at the time,remember any argument. All do distinctly remember a discussion taking place between myself, you and your lovely wife. Where I requested time to address the situation, which you agreed to give me, as you had a meeting to attend to in town. The tea room rest room is not adequate for changing in. After a short duscussion, in front of everyone, your wife said she would return after dropping you off in town to see what I could arrange.
Feeling really bad about the situation, I booked an executive double en-suite with a sea view, in a near by 4 star hotel with champagne in your room, paid in full on booking.
It should never have happened, I agree. However, I addressed the situation as we had agreed and in some way to try and compensate by including the champagne.
Your wife did return, as she had said she would, and advise me that you had booked elsewhere.
I hope you enjoyed your stay up at the top of the hill.
On the few ( 5 ) occasions, overbooking has happened over the last 20 years, I have relocated my guests always within the nearby vicinity and any extra costs have been carried by myself.
Once again I apologies for any inconvenience this cost you at the time

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Although about to shut, were welcomed and had lovely 'all day beakfast' Several customers came in behind us and advised that they were welcome but may have to wait as only one person on site. Served extra tea and toast whilst waiting and meal very tasty and reasonably priced

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you very much ladies. I would hate to let anyone down and we try hard to please. It is a bit nerve wracking when so many people come in, all at the same time. Your understanding is gratefully appricated.