“Afternoon tea”

Private Outlander Day Tour from Edinburgh
US$53.59*
10-Hour Outlander Film Locations Day Trip from Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic building is known as "Scotland's finest stately home."
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Sorry , I must be awfully fussy but I had afternoon tea here a year ago and the standard has declined. 2 members of staff on and they were run of their feet . Staff were very pleasant but the quantity and quality was not the standard of last year and at £20 per person , not worth it. I took my friend for her 60 th birthday treat and was very disappointed. Won't be back . Lots of nicer ones out there.

3  Thank nancy k
Hopetoun H, General Manager at Hopetoun House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review of your visit to Hopetoun House, we really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

We pride our selves on our exceptional standards and attention to detail and we apologise if we did not meet these standards on the occasion of your visit.

We value your opinion and would love to hear from you directly to discuss your visit.

There are newer reviews for Hopetoun House

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you like to tour Palaces, Castles and exquisite houses, this one is not to be missed. The moment the house came into view, my mouth dropped open. OMG! It is stunning. The tea room offered a marvelous selection for lunch. The tour is given once a day at 2:00 pm and is well worth it. The guides are extremely well versed on the house. Don't miss a visit here if you can help it.

1  Thank Stacy R
Hopetoun H, Public Relations Manager at Hopetoun House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Reviews don't get much better than this. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback. It certainly is a WOW factor as you come up the drive and our guides are by far one of our best assets, they are so passionate and we are always learning something new.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Followed a nice driveway through the seaside, you well find the aristocratic house surrounded by lots of greens. I didn't have time to go around the house and gardens, since we were only there for the afternoon tea. But I will defiantly come back soon for a in-depth visit.

The tearoom is large, tidy and clean, although it was little too simple compere with the nice outlook of the building.

The order for afternoon tea close at 15:30, which didn't show when I booked my table from the official website. But there are few other options includes soup and sandwiches could be order from the main menu. Service staff was friendly.

Overall, a nice experience, and we well be back soon.

1  Thank ChunH

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed our Stables Team Room, we pride ourselves on our exceptional standards and attention to detail.

I hope you get a chance to join us next season to enjoy the house and grounds.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Interesting house to visit both from a historic and architecture viewpoint. The weather was excellent so we climbed to the rooftop and had great views over the Forth Bridges. Very informative guides and information in the rooms. Lovely walks around the estate and a great tea-room. This is not a National Trust of Scotland property but as an Art Fund member expected to get a discount but was told no. So I'd make sure you have your Art Fund book with you to challenge this.

1  Thank nanplusdan
Hopetoun H, Public Relations Manager at Hopetoun House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad you enjoyed your day here at Hopetoun House. We have excellent guides who are full of interesting information about the house and family.

Hope you will join us again next season.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The house is very historical and is well worth a visit. The staff were extremely helping with my mum's mobility problems and we had a lovely day out there.

Thank you for taking the time to write into us about your visit to Hopetoun. I am delighted to hear you and your Mum had a good time at Hopetoun House. We would love to see you here again soon.