“Slow” 2 of 5 bubbles

Scott's
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Child-friendly cafe in South Queensferry, serving light breakfasts, lunches, a selection of yummy cakes and ice cream sundaes (using only the finest - S Luca ice cream! We also stock a wide variety of confectionery, loose chocolates and Jelly Bean Factory.We are spacious and all on 1 level, making us ideal for pushchair and wheelchair access. We also offer free wifi.Why not pop in for a coffee, slice of cake and relax! Make sure to take away some of our delicious treats for later...
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a groupon deal and had tried to book over a month ago to be told they were fully booked. I finally found a date to book and was told I was lucky as they were quite booked up.

On arrival to the cafe there was one other customer in and by the time we left (which was 2hours later) there were 3 other tables taken.. Not as booked up as I'd thought!

Nobody came to see us when we got in and sat down, we wern't even acknowledged by the three members of staff behind the counter. After 10 minutes I went to say hello we are here and wondered what the groupon deal was. We ordered our starters and mains and were told we could choose our dessert after.

Our soup arrived in just over average time and tasted really good. A good 15 minutes after we finished and our bowls still wern't taken away after a waitress walking past a couple of times to serve the ONE other table I stopped her and told her we were finished.

After a lllloooonnnggg wait and the smell of burning toast our main arrived. Average tasty mozzarella ham olives and Sundried tomatoes on a bit of brown toast with salad. Again.. We waited a lengthy time for our plates to be taken away, one of the waitresses (who was French and seemed lovely) even came over to coo over the baby at our table for a bit then walked away without our clearly empty plates.

We ordered our banana splits.. No nuts. Sad face.

We could have quite easily walked out and were very tempted, however my friend went and paid for the drinks (which they had to ask what we had) and then we left. It is not until now that I am home and writing this that I realised they didn't even ask to see my voucher at any point.

All in all average food but the service was shocking, especially considering it wasn't even busy. Shame.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Recently popped into Scott's when I was on business in SQF, it was my first visit. Only had a coffee but it was very nice, but a bit expensive at £2.80.
Staff are very friendly and I was greeted with a 'good morning' as soon as I entered. Nice atmosphere and lovely to look at all the art work on the walls.
As others have mentioned in their reviews, it is quite expensive to eat at Scott's.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Vienna, Austria
“A very mixed experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We came here after a Sunday afternoon stroll along the seaside in South Queensferry. The place looks clean and friendly from outside and there are nice cake displays in the window, which is why we decided to give it a go. The cafe has recently been redecorated and has a colourful and friendly feel to it. Unfortunately that's it for positives to be said about the place. We ordered open grilled sandwiches and they were both quite disappointing for the price we paid - 6.50 for one slice of bread each topped with low quality ingredients The food was badly presented, too, and half of the side salad consisted of salad leaves that had gone dark and soggy. The cappuccinos were not particularly good either - the coffee tasted acidic and too bitter and one was stronger than the other. We won't be back.

1 Thank a-zonemaastricht
“Changed for the better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited on 8th May. We have been twice before and vowed never to go back as we did not enjoy the food. We saw the latest Groupon voucher which was great value for 3 courses and thought, for the ice cream alone, it might just be worth a final try. Do not expect the usual type menu with starter, main, desserts clearly displayed or a main course of meat, potato, 2 veg. It was difficult to decide what was classed as a starter and/or a main course. Anyway we plumped for mushroom soup which was really the only thing we could class as a "usual type" starter. It was home made and was delicious and came with 2 small slices of crusty bread and Lurpak butter. For a main I had nice toasted bread topped with Mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, olives and ham with a side salad of mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, small diced red onion and mixed peppers, which I enjoyed. My husband had a baked potato with filling and a side salad which he said was fine. The ice cream is Lucca's which is really good. We both had a Scott's special which had vanilla and strawberry ice cream, fresh strawberries with meringue, sauce and canned cream. It was served in a full size sundae glass and was lovely. We ordered 2 teas which were not included in the offer and it was served in a big pot so plenty to enjoy. The staff were courteous and friendly. The table, cutlery and crockery were clean and the place looked well maintained. They have recently added another room at the back with diner type booths and a children's section with crayons, books and a television. Also a jelly bean machine. I spoke to staff at the end of our meal to let them know of our previous experience and how much we enjoyed this time. One staff member said it had changed but I was unsure if she meant changed management or new staff. Anyway I would recommend you give it a try.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“experiences st Scotts south Queensferry edinburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My Wife and I went to Scott's for Lunch with our Groupon voucher and had there Ham and Cheese Omelette then had the Special Sundae which was Amazing. We started with the Ham Soup First Class. So We had A Lovely Meal 14/5/2014 A Beautiful Restaurant and loved the Experience. We will be back soon for Lunch Mr.and Mrs.Brock