“Not bad for a Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not bad for a Premier Inn”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed a many Premier Inn's and I found this one to be quite tired looking up on entry but all in all one of the goods ones available.

Although situated on the Fourth Road Bridge, it's in a nice and quiet location. The staff are friendly and helpful and rooms very clean.

We ate Dinner in the Restaurant and also had Breakfast the following morning. I have 2 complaints with Breakfast, the "new" sausages are vile, go back to the old ones and there was no Haggis available. I was told it's because it's an English company that owns them, shame on that English company, you're trading in Scotland and should offer Scottish produce (no wonder this country is looking for independence!!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and thank you for the positive feedback on our team and cleanliness!
For the breakfast, it is true that breakfast is the same across all Premier Inn's, which is to deliver consistancy, meaning customers get the same experience wherever they stay.
However, I will pass on your feedback with regards to breakfast & our new sausage.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Room was immaculate, Very clean But the heating system in the room took too long to heat up the size of room. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a Mc donalds right outside the hotel and a tesco 5 minutes away.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi Sott L,

We are glad to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and the location!
However, we are sorry your room didnt heat up quick enough for you, next time you stay please ask for an extra heater if you encounter the same issue and we will be happy to help.

We hope to welcome you back soon
glasgow
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed for 1 night in november room was spotless.beds comfy.Really nice breakfast plenty to choose from.Premier inn does the job for £60 quid for two for a night in a hotel in edinburgh with free parking

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at Premier Inn South Queensferry and we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks

The South Queensferry team
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have no complaints about staying at this hotel. I stayed for one night and the room I had was the normal standard I would expect from a Premier Inn. I was able to get a good nights sleep.

The only negative thing I would have about the stay was that there was no link door between the rooms and the attached pub. This wouldn't have normally bothered me except for when I was staying there it was raining quite a lot.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
I'm delighted to hear you had a good nights sleep with us here at South Queensferry Premier Inn, and we hope we can welcome you back soon. On future visits, you can access the restaurant by using the stairs at the far end of the corridor on the 1st & 2nd floor, should save you getting wet!
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

One of the worst Premier Inn experiences I have had. Usually you can rely on this chain to provide clean, comfortable, value for money accommodation but this Inn came up short on this occasion. We had booked a family room and were given room 39. There was some kind of external extraction fan or vent high up on the end wall in the room. It was slightly windy but the wind howled through the vent making it rattle throughout the night, meaning very little sleep was had by all. We had an early departure the following morning as we had a plane to catch but I did mention it to the night receptionist on our departure that it was something that needed attending to. He did offer an apology.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept room 39!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear D4awnie

Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at Premier Inn Edinburgh South Queensferry.

The team and I are very disappointed that you did not have a great stay with us.

Please contact me directly on 0131 331 5056, to discuss your stay further.

Yours Sincerely

Jacqueline Scally
Premier Inn Team Leader
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Have to say that overall it was a good night spent here, we booked 2 rooms. The family room was huge and sleep was not interrupted at all, the other room must have had very early risers in above as they were up around 5am and not soft on the floor, so sleep was ceased in the early hours !
The pillows were to soft for us and we folded them in half to get comfy.

If you have arthritic hands you might need someone to get the water for the shower right for you as I found the controls too stiff.

I did fill in the 'how we could do better slip' and received a lovely reply via email and much to my surprise I was given one room payment back, which I never expected at all

The Restaurant was busy but we didn't wait long at all and I would definitely tell anyone to go eat there, generous portions and good service(booking from the hotel will save waiting)

The staff in both places were friendly and polite.

Even though not a full nights sleep I am giving this Inn top marks !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Barbara

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us here at Premier Inn Edinburgh South Queensferry.

I am sorry that you found your sleep disturbed whilst with us. However, I am happy that our 'Good Night Guarantee' was used. The team and I are glad that despite this, that you still enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to you staying with us again, hopefully, in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Jacqueline Scally
Jarrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just returned from a great one night stay at South Queensferry Premier Inn. This was the second time we’ve stopped at this particular Premier Inn.
We managed to book a cheap deal at this hotel ... @ £29.00 ... which was great considering the Easter Weekend and everywhere/everything with the tendency of having temporary inflated prices!
The spacious room was up to Premier Inn’s usual high standards and enjoyed a good night’s sleep. Staff at the hotel were very friendly. We had a nice meal at the Brewers Fayre restaurant next door. I like the good selection of meals and the reasonable prices offered at these restaurants.
We had a nice energetic walk across the Fourth Road Bridge and back, along with a visit to the small town of South Queensferry below. I would definitely return to this hotel again and would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,826 reviews
West End
Tune Hotel Haymarket, Edinburgh

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel? Share your experiences!