“Lovely boutique hotel with fantastic views over the Forth”
Review of Orocco Pier

and 1 more site!
Orocco Pier
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed at Orocco Pier on 20th November as I was attending a wedding at the venue. This is a wonderful venue and the staff were excellent for the wedding. The wedding was in the Fuschia suite and it has fantasic views of the Forth Bridge through the floor to ceiling windows. The Wedding Breakfast was delicious and we had bacon butties and potato wedges for the evening buffet.

Our room was number 1 just at the top of the stairs for the guest bedrooms and it was a lovely room finished to a high standard. Loved the extra touches of the Molton Brown toiletries and the wide choice of food and drink in the mini bar.

We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning overlooking the Forth Bridge - Orocco Pier have done well to make the most of this special location.

My only 2 negatives for the hotel were the carpet on the main stair to the bedrooms has obviously seen a lot of traffic and could do with cleaning and secondly because my room had a sitting area outside this was used for all the laundry (understood it would be there when we checked in as we were allowed to check in early (2pm instead of 4pm) but also there when we went down for breakfast before checking out and does not give a good impression as makes it look like they want to turn the room around quickly

However, overall these negatives did not spoil the enjoyment of the whole day and we are planning to go back for lunch at a later date and I have recommended the venue to my sister who is getting married next year

Room Tip: Room 4 is a family room with 2 double beds and room 3 has a fabulous balcony to enjoy the views
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I have to say I don’t normally write many reviews but having had a poor experience I felt compelled to write. I went here for dinner on Saturday 17th September to celebrate my birthday, my partner took me and we were looking forward to a nice celebration in lovely surroundings. I have to say I was disappointed though. Our table was late, we were taken to the wrong table and the service was slow and as a result you could tell the staffs were rushed off their feet with a busy bar and a function on downstairs. The food was below average for the price of what was on offer, things were swapped without consent and we were half way through our main before the wine even arrived. Having eaten at more expensive and less expensive restaurants I will be giving this place a wide berth in the near future purely down to value versus standard. May I add I also find it rather cheeky my partner sent a letter of complaint and to date there hasn’t been any response. Poor experience from a place which promises to deliver high standards and excellent delivery!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PamelaMG
oroccopier, General Manager at Orocco Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to feed back about recent visit to us. I am sorry that we have not come up to par in a few areas, particularly as it was your birthday!
Unfortunately, we seem not to have received your letter of complaint. We deal very quickly with letters of complaint and I would love for you to contact me directly so I can help to rectify some of the areas of concern. I hope you can see from previous reviews that we do our best to make sure our customers are very happy, and when they are not, that we are pro-active enough to redeem the situation for our guests.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
kind regards,
Craig Heaslip

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Just recently stayed at Orocco for what was the start of an engagement weekend.

My girlfriend (now fiancee) and I had our first date here and have enjoyed many visits for lunch so it has a special fondness to both of us. I had an idea of how I wanted to propose and the staff could not have been more obliging in making sure it happened smoothly.

After popping the question, we had dinner in the restaurant, and enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal with a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The waiting staff were excellent, taking care of our needs without being overpowering. Once we had our meal, we moved through to the bar where we had a few cocktails before going to our room. We had a sea view room which was very spacious and very comfortable. Orocco provide Molton Brown products in the bathroom which we also enjoyed.

It was an amazing and memorable night!!

Thanks to all the staff at Orocco Pier.

Room Tip: There's no parking here so try to use the car park opposite the police station just along the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin K
Reviewed 8 October 2011

There is no parking but this location is beautiful - the service is excellent - the food lovely !
The executive room was huge and well equipped

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Gillyanni
Reviewed 6 October 2011

What a lovely place, with great views of the forth bridges. We had breakfast which was good quality, good value for money. Staff all friendly and helpful. Best to book in advance as tends to be busy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bigbadjohn_9
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and i went to a wedding at Orocco Pier and stayed for two day. Initially form the outside i was a little unsure what the hotel would be like inside but it all turned out to be very nice. We recieved excellent service from the staff we were well looked after the staff were very courteous and couldnt do enough for us. We went on to a holiday in the lake district where the attitude of restiurant and hotel staff down there was a stark contrast on off hand and ignorance. Well done Scotland and Orocco Pier we English could learn a lot from you guys about how to run a business.

Room Tip: ask for a room that looks over the river our room did not have a view at all but we only stayed two...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank steveroy919
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We arrived the day before our wedding to get ourselves all sorted as soon as we had lunch which was again amazing we got all checked in and everyone else started arriving all the staff we dealt with were lovely and very helpful also the morning of my wedding they were once again great making sure we were all fed and watered and asking for anything from them was not a problem at all .. would like to thank you all for a fantastic wedding reception Sat 23rd April, the service we received on the Friday and Saturday was exceptional we have received loads of comments from all our guests expressing how impressed they were with the venue and level of service that was delivered on the day. We both are very grateful to you all for helping make our day so special, we will not hesitate to recommend you to all our friends.

Since then we have been back for breakfast and lunch and every time NEVER left disappointed !

Room Tip: Rooms facing the forth are a must!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scottishblonde_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
The Dunstane Hotel
#8 of 151 in Edinburgh
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
#90 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Orocco Pier? Share your experiences!