Orocco Pier
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
US$126
  • Restaurant
Dakota Edinburgh(South Queensferry)
US$114
US$110
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel(South Queensferry)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$172
US$151
Travelocity
US$111
All reviewssamphire restaurantforth rail bridgethree bridgesa sea view roomwedding venueexecutive roomfull scottish breakfasthigh streethaggisfirthanticaedinburgh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The location is really beautiful. The restaurant and bar have fabulous views of the Forth and the bridges. The room and en-suite shower room were clean and modern and the staff were friendly.
We were in a street facing room on a Thursday night and the street noise woke us at 6.30am. You could also hear the music from the bar very loudly in our room. We went back down to the bar until they closed to have some more drinks so didn't bother us, but not for those looking for a agood night's sleep! I would have marked the hotel's location as excellent but the street noise was so loud I marked it down to good. I would recommend requesting a sea view if you like peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We have ate here quite a few times and have never had anything but a very brilliant plate of food. The portion sizes are perfect and the mix of flavours used in the dishes are fab!

The staff are friendly and attentive but not overly so. Definitely recommend this restaurant and believe me I am v fussy about food and where I eat but have never been disappointed here.

Love the makeover, so intimate and stylish!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have never written a review before but I felt compelled to do so after my stay at Orocco Pier Hotel.

First of all, I would say that the service staff in the bar during the evening, and the staff serving breakfast in the morning were very good. The bar was packed at night, with people staying at the hotel and people going to Orocco as a destination pub/restaurant. The staff were friendly even though they were kept on their toes constantly. Food took a long time to arrive every night, but we didn’t mind as we were catching up with family and friends. The food served in the hotel was inconsistent; it was either very good or not edible.

We were attending a wedding and were looking forward to our 3 night visit to Scotland. Unfortunately, our accommodation was a shared basement apartment outside the hotel. We spent three nights there and between both families we were changed £950 for the privilege of having only one bathroom! We had to walk down some very steep steps to the apartment at night and it did not have an outside light. We had three young children and it was not a safe decent to the front door!

On one occasion, leaving the hotel to go back to our apartment, we had to walk pass a street fight, lots of police around and lots of drunks! Not a nice experience for us or the kids!

I would not go back and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Winn R
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Recently went to the restaurant to celebrate my son's graduation. Staff brilliant and attentive and the food was wonderful. An evening to remember especially as they were kind enough to give us a table by the window. We will be back very soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Having stayed and eaten in Orocco Pier several times before, we thought we would be safe with another stay as a goodbye as I work overseas.

We found a good rate, I think maybe now that's why we were put in room 5, cold, noisey and small. We checked in, never got a hello or a welcome just a "do you have a credit card to check in with". Having worked on a reception before, we were not asked if we wanted dinner reservations in the restaurant, no information on anything.

We ate in the Boathouse which is right next door, food was lovely, nice and quiet as it was a Monday evening.

Back to the room that evening and the aircon was very loud, there was a lot of noise outside, no view. Myself and my partner never slept well at all that night, in the morning around 7am the housekeeping team had the hoover on chatting loudly. Brilliant.

We checked out at 11 and got no how was your stay, no can I do anything else for you just "have you had breakfast?" we continued though to Antico to be waiting 20mins on someone to take our order.

Now, having seen 2 hotel owners and 1 general manager and not one of them to say hello or good morning, something wrong with that. But if I'm being honest, I really don't think they give a toss. Simple resolution, we won't be back.

Room Tip: Not room 5.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple