“Lovely lunch!”
Review of Orocco Pier

and 1 more site!
Orocco Pier
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I have only ever eaten here at lunch time when catching up with my good friends. The food had always been very nice. The tea/coffee and desserts are nice too. Try getting a table at the window for great views of the Forth Bridges :-)

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My partner booked a nights stay for my birthday on 2/10/12. From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel welcome. Our room overlooked the rail bridge and was so luxurious. My partner is 6ft 4inch and the bed was more than big enough for him.. In the evening we had dinner which was delicious and the creme brule was fantastic, I could eat that every day for the rest of my life.. Staff were friendly and helpfull and the hotel was perfect..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Been before on several occasions - did not like the warm food. Service ok, staff attentive but un phased by us leaving our food (as did the table next to us) shabby un chick - could do a lot better. Manager training new staff infront of paying guests extremely naff!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Have been all over the world and seen some amazing things but the view from here at night is so special.

Have eaten here twice and love the place.

I have not had much interaction with the staff but do not feel they are the best I have had nor the worse.

When we went we just ordered lots of starters, like tapas, and feel this best suits our needs.

Would say use this place for romantic night with someone special, book table and ask to be seated by the window!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Had an evening meal which was excellent. My husband had a drink of Bacardi which he had to take back as it certainly didn't tast like it, same thing happened with second one so as we were going for our meal was given one from a different bottle and that one was OK.

My husband and I were in one of the two very top rooms which I believe was a superior one in the hotel it was for 1 night only.
We didn't sleep and wink all night as their was a continual noise like a pump goin all night. My husband telephoned reception and they said they didn't know what it was but would look into it.
At the back of 1 o'clock my husband tried phoning again but got no reply so he went down and eventually found someone to speak with who again couldn't understand what it was and said they would come up and listen to it but I'm afraid no one came. Whilst checking out the next mornibng we were asked by receptionist if everything was OK we told her. She went and got the manager who again couldn't tell us what this noice was. As this was a gift to my husband for his 70th birthday he said that he couldn't compensate as this had been for but he took our telephone number and said that we would get some sort of compensation - still waiting.

Room Tip: Not to have one of the very top rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

First impression of the Orocco Pier is good, but once through the hotel door it’s a different story, with flaking paint and dirty carpets in the communal areas. Once into the room there was no comfort of a carpet though and some lights weren’t working, including the main entrance light above the wardrobe. They fixed the light when asked, but they couldn’t fix the faulty safe.

We were only given one key for a double-occupancy room, meaning if one of us went out, so did the lights as the key was needed for electricity. The kettle was situated on a pull-out shelf in a cupboard (under the tv) but to pull it out for use we had to move the bed.

The cooked breakfast was nice, although no juice was offered on the first morning. A slightly different menu on the second morning mentioned ‘fresh’ orange juice, but it was a carton of long-life. The toast was mean – just one slice of thin sliced wrapped bread per person, with condiments and preserves served together in open unlabelled cups.

On returning to our room around 3pm after ‘cleaning’ there was a strong smell of vomit, badly disguised, in the bathroom which was not there before. On complaining, further cleaning was undertaken, but this only resulted in an even more intense smell of bleach throughout the room, and we had to be moved to another room as it was totally unacceptable.

To sum up, the room was at £126 overpriced and shabby, and nothing like the websites descriptions of ‘sumptuous’, ‘premium’ and ‘high standard’. They did make a reduction in the final bill, but only down to what it should have been in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as I was attending a fiends wedding, the venue was amazing beautiful views. Check in was a breeze the staff lovely, I had a petite double to myself just as well it was tiny and very expensive . The room was nice and clean there was s TV but yhr box didn't workwell and the angle was terrible when in the bed. I diidnt have breakfast as other peopletat were stating said that they had waited 15 minutes for eggs, so that put me off waiting. When I went to check out there was no one at the desk and no bell waited about 10 mins which I thought was terrible as you pay as you leave when the girl got there the service was just average. It was a real shame because it held much promise, that said I would like to go back and try a different slightly bigger room, but given the price it would have to be a special offer I think.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AnnieMac007
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
The Dunstane Hotel
#8 of 151 in Edinburgh
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
#90 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Orocco Pier? Share your experiences!