“Great Wedding Venue”
Review of Orocco Pier

and 1 more site!
Orocco Pier
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Attended my nephew's wedding here last Friday and what a great day we had. The hotel/restaurant has been developed from an old building on the High Street in South Queensferry and looks out on the Firth of Forth between the two bridges and has stunning views from the picture windows and terraces at the rear of the building. The catering was excellent and the staff were very attentive and friendly. Bar prices, fortunately, were not to steep with a good selection of draft beers and malt whiskies. Looking forward to returning to try out the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John D

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We attended a wedding at Orocco Pier and we were blown away by the quality of the establishment. The food was superb, the house wine was high quality and the staff were very courteous and friendly. The hotel is set on the beach at South Queensferry and the views of the harbour and two bridges are to die for, especially the rail bridge at night when it is lit up. A very busy establishment and I would suggest booking if you intend dining here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We visited the restaurant in December & were lucky to be sitting at a window table with the most stunning views out onto the Forth Bridges.

The welcome & service were excellent. The waiting staff could not do enough to make us happy & comfortable. They were incrediaibly patient with 3 ladies who could not stop chatting long enough to order any food. The food was lovely & plentiful & we had a most enjoyable evening here. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try & reserve a table overlooking the Bridges.
Reviewed 23 December 2012

this was our 2nd visit since August, and i must admit to being a little dissapointed to find the same menu,although the food was still very good.my dessert was a very small cupcake sized piece of sticky toffee pudding---a very little serving for the price of it, not nearly as busy as we thought being so near to christmas therefor we had lots of staff attending us.would like to try a lunch some day.

Room Tip: we did not stay but would have expected a room overlooking the bridges.
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Had our company party here had a good evening food was good ,entertainment was good.

Overall a pleasant evening in nice surroundings excellent views.

Will be taking my family back for a visit

Would recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I went to the Orocco Pier Christmas Party night on Saturdat 15th December with a family group, my 2 daughters and I booked a room for the night. I can not think of a single negative point! Reception staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful, the room was spotlessly clean with really comfortable beds and even with a fold-out (comfortable) sofa-bed we still had plenty of space to move around.
The party night was excellent: cocktails and tapas to start, then a 4-course meal and as vegetarians my daughter and I were delighted. Service was exceptional, every course was delivered to everyone at each table at exactly the same time; I suppose it's quite simple to organise but it makes such a difference and I've never seen it done before!
The rest of the night was just as good, and as an added bonus the view from the large windows is exceptional, day or night! I reckon we'll be back next year for our 2013 Christmas night out!
After a really restful night's sleep we enjoyed a delicious cooked breakfast. This was my second stay at the Orocco Pier this year, and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Decided to go to Orocco Pier today for a hot chocolate. We decided to have the sharing platter too. I wish we had not bothered as it was so greasy that every part of it tasted the same (grease) plus the chicken was so dry, the only thing that was nice were the chips.
The hot chocolate was lovely shame about the rest. We will not be visiting Orocco Pier in the future as a result of this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
#92 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Orocco Pier? Share your experiences!