Orocco Pier
Dakota Edinburgh(South Queensferry)
US$120
US$117
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
Parkhead House(South Queensferry)
Innkeeper's Lodge(South Queensferry)
Ravenous Beastie(South Queensferry)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssamphire restaurantforth rail bridgethree bridgesa sea view roomwedding venueexecutive roomfull scottish breakfasthigh streethaggisfirthanticaedinburgh
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My daughter got married here 25 October, I always knew she had good taste, but this excelled.
From the moment I nervously first stepped through the entrance door with my kilt on ( a first for me ) I needn't have worried.
There was always plenty of staff / organisers on hand to advise and direct you throughout, there was always someone there if required.
Whoever organised this is good, really good.
Everything went like clockwork timed to perfection in a very light hearted atmosphere, excellent.
Really pleased with the way the organisers and staff carried out their duties on the day.

The food was excellent and service like I've never seen before, I even made a comment at the time that it was like military precision with the waitresses coming in and out in a line of 5 or 6 at a time serving the tables.
Same next morning at breakfast, plenty choice, good food and good service.
The bar service was excellent, no queues at any time with plenty staff behind the bar serving.
Better service than most bars and restaurants I've been in.

The place itself is stunning and the extra trimmings associated with a wedding just made it that bit more special.
The view over to the rail bridge is really something and the function suite certainly makes the most of that view, looks great at night too when the bridge is lit up.
After the meal we went outside for photos with the bridge as the backdrop.

Have stayed in many hotels but this beats them all.
Our spacious bedroom was something else.
The modern décor is fantastic, with a large split level bathroom like out of a designer magazine.
There is a handy public car park just round the corner.

I was last to leave the function suite at the end of the night and as I turned around looking at the empty room, still smiling, a lovely sense of happiness swelled up inside me.
For this proud dad this was perfect.

Room Tip: Pick any room at the rear looking to the rail bridge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed for one night on business. My sea view room was a wonderful surprise and had a little balcony I could step out onto. There was quite some bass noise from the bar below but once the bar closed I could hear the sea through my open bedroom window :)

Everything was clean and more than adequate. Breakfast in the bar was good with a nice choice. Staff were friendly, although not that knowledgeable about the food/drink (I asked for a local ale recommendation and was recommended Coors which is American!!) . Samphire restaurant was really nice, sea views again through big windows, cosy booths to sit in and delicious food. I only meant to have a main but ended up having a three course meal as the menu was so tempting! Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

What a shame this lovely bar/restaurant with fabulous views has gone down hill so quickly. The Antico menu is now sadly lacking and maybe this was why it was so empty on the last Friday in the month !

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Visited here a number of times now, we get great service each time and the food is always delicious. It's great for weddings and parties too as our friend was married here last year. The view over the water is stunning. Looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I were recently married at Orocco Pier on the 22nd of September this year and both had a fantastic day. The venue is absolutely stunning and we were fortunate enough that the weather was sunny and warm on the day also. This meant that we could have our pictures taken on the beach and surrounding streets.

The staff were friendly and the service we received was excellent. Our meal was delicious and our guests commented on how lovely the food was. Drinks were reasonably priced and our evening buffet of fish and chips was great.

Most of our guests stayed overnight and received breakfast the next next morning having thoroughly enjoyed there stay.

The only comments we could make were that the service for breakfast was quite slow the following morning despite antico being quiet and the rooms in which we stayed were extremely warm overnight.

All in all we had a fantastic wedding day as did our guests. Many commented on how lovely the hotel was.

My husband and I will definitely be returning soon.

Thanks very much to Jason, Allison and laura for making sure our day was fantastic.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple