“Beautiful Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Orocco Pier
Scotland
“Beautiful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend enjoyed a lovely meal at the Orocco Pier. The meal was fantastic, all freshly made and at an affordable price. I would highly recommend the half chicken, it was amazing. My boyfriend had the steak, which he loved. It was probably the best meal I have ever had. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Will definitely be back. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crazy-Beautiful19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Ate here last night for a friends 30th birthday! It was very disappointing! Menu exactly the same as it been for a previous meal last November, overpriced and uninspiring! Decided on a pot of muscles, the sauce was so salty I stopped eating them after a quarter of way through. Waitress who had been very attentive replacing wine glasses at £8 a pop did not bother to come and check how our meals were. Eventually after a twenty minute wait our waitress removed out empty plates. I informed her that my meal was not good as it was too salty. our Waitress asked me when I had realised that it was too salty clearly implying that I had eaten some of them. My reply was that I was hungry and the salt had built up over the meal was met with a roll of her eyes. After 10 minutes I was then offered complimentary dessert to which I declined. When the bill was asked for I told our waitress I was not willing to pay for the muscles and was informed curtly she was in discussion with her manager about this issue. Eventually I was told the muscles would not be on the bill.
Shocking customer service to make a diner feel embarrassed and as if the poor cooking was their fault. I will not be back. I also pulled a thread in my new silk top on the ragged edge of the dinning table but could not bare to raise due to overall arrogance of staff !

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank penguinmaz
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I meet up every couple of months and really like the setting of the bar in the Orocco Pier hotel but found the food to be at best average on this visit . The fish and so called puffy chips ( wedges) were over cooked and not that attractive and my friends grilled goats cheese salad didn't look well presented. On the positive side our server was pleasant and attentive, however I think we will try somewhere else on our next outing.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked in here as a friend was having her wedding reception in the same location so it all made good sense. We were not disappointed, the room was spacious and the view over the Forth and beyond was spectacular. All the facilities were there as you would expect of a hotel of this calibre, our only complaint was that the central heating system was not working. All of the staff were very helpful especially as we arrived early in order to change. The bar area and restaurant were very good and prices reasonable for what we received. Overall, I would recommend this place for a short stay and make sure you have a sea view room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is a lovely hotel,situated with the most impressive vista you can imagine! My niece was married January 2014 and had her reception here which was 100% superb, the vista AND the meal. I stayed the night with a lot of the guests and we all had beautiful rooms, some with the fantastic vista. I would recommend this hotel as the room rates were not too pricey at all.

Room Tip: Although my room didn't have the vista, it was not too pricey at all; check all the rates with a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Holyport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Orocco Pier for one night as guests at a wedding and were impressed by the quality and friendliness of all the staff we encountered. The Hotel is in a beautiful setting on the Forth between the two bridges and we we blessed with perfect weather. The rooms are decorated to a high standard and the facilities are excellent.A truly wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

An ideal option should edinburgh be too expensive or full ! Really lovely hotel and bar with fantastic food and unbelievable view if both forth bridges.
Very friendly staff , food excellent and very nice rooms . We'll worth checking out. If the weather if ok the outside area is great, the views of the bridges at night are best

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,777 reviews
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
The Queensferry Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
West End
The Chester Residence
The Chester Residence
#1 of 150 in Edinburgh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,755 reviews

Been to Orocco Pier? Share your experiences!