“exceptional.”

Dakota Edinburgh
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“exceptional.”
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My Husband and i had an excellent stay at the Dakota, very comfotable and excellent service, We had a meal in the restaurant in the evening which was memorable, excellent service and the food was 2nd to none, compliments to the chef, my husband realy enjoyed the buttered spinach. We will definately come back the next time we can escape from the children, thank you very much for a great evening. we loved the arm chair in room 217, and are now looking to purchase two of similar quality. can u please give us an indication where we are likely to purchase these.

Regards Mr and Mrs Rahaman.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2878cat
ldavy, Brand Development Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this review, 19 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at Dakota Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did, and that we were able to assist you in your quest to escape the children! Thank you also for the compliment on the armchair in your room, if you were able to send me an email with your contact details(ross@dakotahotels.co.uk) then I would be happy to put you in touch with our designers for further information.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota very soon indeed.

Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Hebrew first
Northumberland. UK
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Our recent stay on 29th April was a christmas gift from our daughters who knew how much we had enjoyed our previous stay.
It is over a year since our last stay but the hotel has not changed at all. We received a lovely welcome from the staff plus a drink during check in, which was a lovely touch as it was the day of the Royal Wedding.
The room was excellant as before, subdued lighting and stylist decor contribute to a relaxed atmosphere. Toileteries provided are excellant as are the towels and bedding.
We had a very enjoyable 3 course meal in The Grill and an excellant breakfast.
The only negative remsrk we have is as previously noted by a traveller, the springs of the bed did seem to twang everytime we moved but it didnt spoil our stay at all as we forgot to mention it on checkout but it was room 511.
Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lizcee
ldavy, Brand Development Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Good evening,

I just wanted to get in touch to thank you very much for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us Dakota Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you found our standards just as high as your previous visit, and that you enjoyed your experience in The Grill too.

I will make sure that your remarks regarding the bed are followed up thoroughly, nobody should be deprived of a comfortable night's sleep, especially when away from home!

Thanks again and I hope that you've already written your Christmas list for next year with Dakota firmly at the top of the page!

Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This hotel has to be one of the best I’ve stayed in for a long time.

For what you pay, for what you get: Excellent!

Rooms are a good side, modern and nicely decorated. Restaurant and Bar, again nicely done, with good choice of food. If you don’t want their menu or have the kids along, there’s a Frankie and Bennies across the car park.

Internet was free, staff were helpful.

I stayed one night, had a couple of drinks and a 2 course evening meal, with the continental breakfast the next day, and I’ve certainly paid more for a far lesser room on far too many occasions.

Minor thing - no bath - shower only.

I know there is another Dakota near Glasgow, but these are the only two. I wish them every success and hope they continue to expand.

Will certainly use them again and recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank PEM67
Good evening,

Just a very brief note to thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us at Dakota Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read such a glowing report on the hotel and was even more pleased with your comments on value. From someone who obviously does travel frequently and fully utilises the Tripadvisor resource , it is very meaningful to receive such high praise on the value that Dakota offers.

Thanks again and I hope we can welome you back to Dakota in the near future.

Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I traveled there for work, but ended up enjoying my stay very much. The room was comfortable and roomy and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank carnation2011
Scotland
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My girlfriend and I treated ourselves to a weekend away and being the kids at heart that we are, decided to visit Deep Sea World and Blair Drummond Safari Park. My work colleague vouched for Dakota Edinburgh and after our stay, we will be making recommendations to our friends and family.

Anyone driving into Edinburgh will immediately notice the striking, prominent feature of the Dakota building after crossing the Forth Road Bridge. With its black, razor sharp, futuristic looks, Dakota resembles less of a hotel and more of a building out of the Matrix or Blade Runner.

Inside, all rooms are dimly lit, showcasing a contemporary design, which is in keeping with current styles. The price range of Dakota puts it alongside the likes of the Hilton or the Marriott. However, unlike the aforementioned chains, the décor and service in Dakota are infinitely superior. We stayed in a suite, which was remarkably generous in size and comfort. The room was so large that even the king sized bed looked tiny in comparison. On a side note, that was the most comfortable sleep I have ever had - those mattresses were heavenly.

There are two wall mounted TV's; one on the lounge with a fitted Blu-Ray player and the other in front of the bed. In addition, free wifi internet is available - all you need is a code from reception. Other nice extras include a walk-in wardrobe area and desk, not to mention a wealth of magazines, gadgets and amenities.

It should be noted that the bathroom, whilst immaculate and modern, does not have space for a bath. For our needs however, a shower suited us fine.

The suite also gave us ideas for decorating our own place, once we move in together. My girlfriend and I were particularly impressed with its use of large mirrors. We may need to visit again to gain further ideas.

The hotel also has a superb restaurant, catered to suit your budget. Expect to pay around £17-£30 per person for a meal. It also has a gym but we never ventured there. The location is ideal, as you do not have to face the labyrinth of Edinburgh city roads. Perfect, if you are stopping over for a flight.

In summary, Dakota Forth Bridge is a fantastic hotel and tremendous value, with unprecedented hospitality from the staff. I cannot wait to go back again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bisclimpkit
ldavy, Brand Development Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of Dakota Edinburgh following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed the added comfort of the suite, many of our guests enjoy the extra space that much that they refuse to stay in any other room!

We'll look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota in the near future,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed here December last year, boxing day to be exact. Fantastic hotel, clean, tidy, comfortable, staff friendly, helpful and 24/7 bar. I'll be back...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamlicious87
ldavy, Brand Development Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this review, 27 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting such a positive review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us, I was delighted to read such glowing feedback on the hotel.

I hope you enjoy your next stay with us just as much, if not more!

Manchester
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I had a good stay with at the Dakota and will probably stay there again next time I'm working in the area.

I had a couple of niggles:-
- only a shower in the bathroom
- fitness room is tiny (only 1 x treadmill/bike/crosstrainer/rowing machine)
- very limited room service menu
- beds not most comfortable, the king size made up of 2 single mattresses.

Good things:-
- Location, very easy to drive to, and a short walk to Queensferry
- Friendly helpful staff.
- Nicely finished rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kitty_karate
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at Dakota Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and would most likely be staying with us again when you are next in the area, possibly the soundest endorsement of what we have to offer at Dakota!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
The Balmoral Hotel
#9 of 147 in Edinburgh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,669 reviews
Broughton & Calton
Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (York Place)

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!