“cannot find the fault , lovely food”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 October 2012

i have stayed only once but cannot find the fault , lovely bar , lovelky room very clean , good food cnnot wait to come back with my [partner , friendly staff , nice lighting love decor , great granite finingh in the lobby ,
i am thinking now to bring my partner for a weekend , breakfast you cannot ask for anything else right from cooked breakfast to continenbtal cheesec , pastry, cannoy same more

i will highly recoomend this place it gives to you great value to money

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,058)

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at the Dakota on the eve of my Wedding, and afer the most frantic morning then travelling up from Newcastle my stay was made perfect by the staff who went above and beyond to ensure the multitude of pre-day hiccups (locking myself out of my car/not having luggage/many many others) which occurred did not blight the event.

I cannot recommend the Dakota highly enough - my Wife and I also stayed there the night before we left for our Honeymoon and the level of service was again outstanding.

I should also mention the hotel itself which is perfectly presented, with a great bar and outstanding restuarant. I would reccommend staying at the Dakota to anyone looking to stay in the Queensferry area or needing a convinient hotel stay for the Airport. Furthermore the centre of Edinburgh is roughly 20 mins from the Hotel so anyone looking for a first calss out-of-town hotel should look no further.

Finally, during our stay we enjoyed both a standard room and a suite and both were top-notch - thanks again to the staff at the Dakota for making it the perfect pre and post wedding hotel for us.

Room Tip: The Bridge view rooms are great if you can get them.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2012

For what I need - a business stop-over relatively close to Glenrothes - the Dakota is ideal. No driving into Edinburgh, very easy parking given its situation on a retail park and just off the major routes, and a decent rate.

As before, check in & out was quick and painless and the room really attractive and spotlessly clean. But as before the lighting has not improved so it might be subdued and attractive but it's not really much use. To have read the room thermostat I would have needed a torch, and shaving in the bathroom was not as easy as it might have been. But the furnishings are comfortable and as before I slept well here.

The restaurant isn't cheap but quality and service were great for both breakfast and dinner, the muesli with berries is to die for and the decaf is really strong and tasty!

I wouldn't hestiate to book in here next time I'm in the area, and am considering using it for a leisure break also.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Dakota Edinburgh and this was our second visit. We were travelling from London to Banff and this was our overnight stop. This hotel is ideally placed in a retail park on the south side of the Forth Road Bridge. For £89 bed & breakfast this is a fabulous hotel and very clean. We also stayed for dinner which racks the total bill up to nearer £200 for the two of us but that did include four drinks before dinner plus a bottle of wine and coffee. The food is excellent and the restaurant is popular so it is worth pre-booking for dinner. Access and parking is very easy and you can literally park outside the door. Without exception the young staff in this hotel were very helpful and friendly. Another bonus is Sky TV so I managed to see the final of the Ryder Cup.
On our return trip we stayed at the Dakota Glasgow where we had an equally positive experience so the management team of these hotels certainly seem to have got things right.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were at a private function on saturday in the Dakota, it was afternoon tea. The staff were extremely proffessional and kept our glasses full at all times.
The afternoon tea itself was lovely a good mix of quality sandwiches and homemade scones with cream and jam. I would recommend anyone stooping for afternoon tea to pay a visit to this hotel it was beautiful .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RobD_AngieB
Reviewed 10 October 2012

One on the nicest hotels ive stayed in. Great service and very helpful staff.

Only slight downside is the food. I had fish and chips (room service) which was pretty greasy, and the breakfast was a little small..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

When I come upto Edinburgh and the surrounding area I always forget to book into the Dakota.
If you are in a car this hotel has everything - free parking, great food and excellent value for money.
All in all a good stay and eating experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
Murrayfield
Murrayfield Hotel and House
Murrayfield Hotel and House
#35 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!