“Good business venue”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Have used the hotel a numbeer of times now for business meetings and business lunches. Service is consistently hight standard as is the food. Have had business lunches, buffet and dinner in private dining. All consistently high standard. Also had a meal with friends here one Sunday afternoon and had a great time

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Our overnight stay was absolutely brilliant, could'nt ask for a better hotel, by far, its been the best Hotel me and my wife have ever used!... We will be returning for another night or 2 stay hopefully in the very near future!.... Food was amazing aswell, keep up the good work!...

Regards

Mr & Mrs McKay
From inverkip

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times before & always love it.
We like the decor, & have to say the food is amazing.

Only moan us the wifi isn't free.
When I called reception for the wifi code, I was told it was £5, but I'd seen an Ad saying if you spend £10 on food/drink then it would be free, so I mentioned this to Reception who informed me that offer is for non-residents only!?!
Ah - so I spend £120 in your restaurant/bar on my overnight stay (before cost of my room!) but you still don't think I should benefit from free wifi!

Not impressed Dakota, ver poor on that score!

• Stayed: November 2012
DakotahotelEdinburgh, Front Office Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Dakota but would like to offer my sincere apologies that we have let ourselves down slightly by mistakenly charging you for internet access. We offer complimentary high speed internet to all guests who book directly with us on our website or by telephone and also to guests who spend more than £10 in the Grill.

I am very sorry for this oversight, and I will take steps to ensure that our reception team understand this fully. Additionally, I would be obliged if you could contact me and I will process a refund for internet charges incorrectly applied to your account.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Dakota in the near future and I look forward to personally seeing to it that every element of your next stay is memorable for the right reasons.

James Archer

Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in in the UK if not Europe. The relaxing atmosphere starts as you walk through the curtain at the entrance. The staff were brilliant cant fault the friendly reception. The decor is brilliant, modern and individual. The rooms and suites are also fantastic and would wipe the floor with most other hotels. I stayed for around 14 days on separate occasions, I always booked direct and got varied prices but overall was good value for money.

Please try this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Decided to stay at the hotel again for a rugger game over the wknd. Check in was good and after some issues with our room (bedding) we were upgraded free of charge to the suite from the duty manager James. Our thanks go to him. The room quality was superb, not much left to say except that we also had breakfast in bed which was a great finishing touch and one of the party had a dietary issue which was also met. We shall be returning in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Took my wife her as a birthday present for a night with the Dinner Bed and Breakfast Deal.
I had stayed once before and liked it and I have to say that this time was even better.

Everything was spot on, the staff, service, attentiveness, rooms and the food and wine were just wonderful.
Up until this visit my wife's favourite hotel was the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow, the Dakota has now taken that honour as she absolutely loved every second of our stay.

Thank you to all who served us and made us feel so welcome.

We will be back.

Trevor Eakin

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My wife and I booked a couple of nights at the Dakota Hotel as a base while we collected a new car. It was not our first choice but as it was planned at short notice during the Edinburgh Festival we had limited options as most hotels were booked out. On arrival we tried to make use of the advertised courtesy bus from the airport but after waiting for 30 minutes we got a call back reporting that the service was not available. When we arrived there was not even an apology for the failure.
The hotel was clean and comfortable but the toilet broke on the second flush. The duty manager arrived in minutes and repaired it in seconds (a regular occurrence?).
The staff were efficient but soulless, they did their job, but there was no passion or enthusiasm and it was clear that it was "just a Job". They gave every impression of a discouraged and demoralised workforce.
On the first morning we had breakfast and it was a thin affair; again, there was nothing wrong with it but like everything else about the hotel it was done just about enough to get by, but not a pick more.
On the second morning we ate at the nearby Franky and Benny's and this became the highlight of the weekend.
In short, cold, efficient and passionless but perfectly acceptable. However, not a place to demonstrate a warm Scottish welcome or a romantic retreat.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Norman G
DakotahotelEdinburgh, Front Office Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Dakota three months ago. Though it gives me no pleasure to hear that your perception of our service was soulless and unenthusiastic, I take some consolation that this is far from the normal type of comment which we receive about our hotel.

We take great pride in the reputation which we have earned for warm and sincere hospitality and the key focus for our management team is to ensure that we continue to deliver the level of service for which we have become synonymous.

Dakota offers a unique brand of hospitality. I am disappointed that your experience was not of the expected level but I hope that the consistent positive reviews from fellow Trip Advisor users will suggest that negative feedback about our team is very uncharacteristic indeed.

Dakota is not for everyone and I am very sorry that it was not for you.

Yours sincerely,

Murrayfield
Murrayfield Hotel and House
Murrayfield Hotel and House
#35 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!