“Great stay at the Dakota” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Great stay at the Dakota”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

What a brilliant stay we had at the Dakota. A surprise treat from our family and a treat indeed it was. Everyone was so helpful The food was delicious, and our waiter could not have been more attentive. Lovely coffee and drinks in a superb seating area where we had a lovely chat and then off to our superb room..( so clean) and had a brilliant nights sleep. We REALLY did enjoy our stay and would highly recommend anyone to stay here . ONE night was not enough.

Room Tip: Have only been this once so cant give any tips on a good room but ours was excellent. The Lift was...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Hebrew first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We had an overnight stay in January 2013, with the hotel and staff being very welcoming on a cold and miserable winter day. The rooms were spotless and of excellent quality. We ate out at night but the next time we stay we would try out the dining facilities. Excellent link straight to motorway for onward travel. All in all we could not fault it!!

1 Thank charles m
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Jan 2013 was my first stay at the Dakota and I will certainly be staying again.

The staff made my one night business trip a real pleasure. They were attentive but not intrusive and very quick to respond to my requests. Room service, delivery of a bath robe and ordering of cabs were prompt every time.

I had breakfast in the restaurant and the head waiter made me feel as though I was at Claridges!
I had poached eggs and a fruit salad, a really simple breakfast, but possibly the best hotel breakfast I've ever had.

The rooms are really well set out with all that you need, and are very comfortable. They're not massive, but plenty big enough for a couple.

In short, the hotel is much more than a stylish and well decorated place for business travellers to stay (very stylish - feels like a swanky place in Manhattan, not Queensferry!). I've stayed in a lot more expensive, but few that are much better.

Well done Dakota, see you next time.

Room Tip: One side faces a dual carriageway (a fair way off), but it wasn't noisy at all.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steve H
Fife, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Loved the design and the layout.

Great food, fantastic bar.

However, no out of hours food available which was disappointing after a good drink (hic).

Rooms are stunning, though the grouting in our shower needed re-doing. But, that wouldn't stop me from going back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scottchuk
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Due to the great location of this hotel, I came here for a business meeting last Wednesday. I was greeted warm heartedly as i entered the front door. I then found a comfortable seat in the lobby area. As i waited on my colleague, the young waiter (Josh) made topical conversation with me. He then asked if I would like any drinks. The coffee order came quickly and was one of the nicest coffees that I've ever had. After the meeting, the same waiter who had been looking after us all day sorted out the bill and everything at the table and i didn't even have to leave my seat! Overall, I will definitely be returning to the Dakota hotel in the future.

1 Thank Jane E
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

As someone who lives out of a suitcase upto 5 nights a week, I can honestly say very few hotels can match the unparalleled customer service to be found at the Dakota. Welcoming, friendly, and incredibly helpful, I have yet to find a member of staff who has not made me feel a VIP. I don't know whether Dakota has a universal training course for all locations, but staff at all their hotels are a credit to the company.
The surroundings, the bedrooms, the food are all excellent, and the luxury shower is a major attraction in itself - bliss after a long day!
Well done Dakota, I look forward to my next stay.

1 Thank Irene R
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

I've driven past this unusual looking hotel many times over the last few years and always wondered what it would be like inside. I had the chance to find out last week when I stayed for 2 nights. It is very different to how I imagined but I was far from disappointed. The interior is stylish, and warm - contemporary without being cold an impersonal. My room was a good size with a lovely comfy bed and plenty of mirrors and space. The bathroom was functional with a fantastic shower that I didn't want to get out of! All the staff were very professional and friendly. We ate here the first night and the food was terrific, a little pricey but not too over the top and the quality was there! I'd stay again and reccomend.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Old Town
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
#22 of 150 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!