“Worth every penny!”

Dakota Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

The service here is probably the best I have ever experienced, polite, friendly, makes you feel very welcome. We had dinner there too and food was outstanding! Room was great, modern, clean and comfortable. We highly recommend this place. The only bad thing is that anywhere we stay now will be rubbish compared to Dakota.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Just returned home from an amazing night at the Dakota Hotel Edinburgh, The visit was a birthday get away treat for both myself and my wife.

On arrival we were really impressed by the main reception area which consisted of several large comfy sofas and the overall decor was modern and spotless, a good start I thought.

The girl on the reception desk could not have been any nicer to us, asking us if we had visited the hotel before and explained the layout of the hotel in detail to us both.

The room we booked was a double room, this was also very modern with dimmable lighting .The contents included a flat screen tv mounted to the wall, large comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities, bottled water, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, writing desk and complimentary wi-fi internet connection , the room itself was spacious and spotless throughout.

The ensuite shower room was also excellent very modern, exceptionally clean and consisted of your normal toiletries.

We had opted for the bed and breakfast deal at first when booking, we were not sure where we were going to dine that evening as there are several fantastic eateries in the surrounding South Queensferry area.

We then decided to book a meal at the hotel, We contacted the hotel to see if this would be possible and it was no trouble to include this and a table was reserved for us. We even received a courtesy call from the hotel reminding us of our table reservation prior to arrival

The bar area was excellent modern decor and very clean and with table service you never needed to move from your table, the staff were all very polite and attentive, the drinks prices were reasonable enough, your typical city bar prices.

The restuarant area was idyllic, the choice of food was also good ranging from seafood dishes to steaks, the menu tended to lean more towards these dishes though, and could have done with possibly a few chicken or pasta dishes for those not wanting seafood or steak, thats the only one thing I would criticise on. The food was well presented and excellent,I personally opted for the T-Bone steak and would recommend this. The waiter could not be more attentive throughout our meal, a truly great dinning experience was to be had. The breakfast was also Delicious and plenty to choose from.

Location wise the hotel is idealy situated with the major roadways nearby for onward travel, I also believe that the hotel also offers free transfers to Edinburgh airport I would however check this with the hotel prior to ensure this is stiil true.

We found the check in and out times to be very good check in is at 14:00 and check out at 11:00.

To sum things up, we will most certainly be visiting Dakota again in the near future.

Give Dakota a try you will not be dissapointed.

John Gilfether

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

What a brilliant stay we had at the Dakota. A surprise treat from our family and a treat indeed it was. Everyone was so helpful The food was delicious, and our waiter could not have been more attentive. Lovely coffee and drinks in a superb seating area where we had a lovely chat and then off to our superb room..( so clean) and had a brilliant nights sleep. We REALLY did enjoy our stay and would highly recommend anyone to stay here . ONE night was not enough.

Room Tip: Have only been this once so cant give any tips on a good room but ours was excellent. The Lift was...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We had an overnight stay in January 2013, with the hotel and staff being very welcoming on a cold and miserable winter day. The rooms were spotless and of excellent quality. We ate out at night but the next time we stay we would try out the dining facilities. Excellent link straight to motorway for onward travel. All in all we could not fault it!!

1 Thank charles m
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Jan 2013 was my first stay at the Dakota and I will certainly be staying again.

The staff made my one night business trip a real pleasure. They were attentive but not intrusive and very quick to respond to my requests. Room service, delivery of a bath robe and ordering of cabs were prompt every time.

I had breakfast in the restaurant and the head waiter made me feel as though I was at Claridges!
I had poached eggs and a fruit salad, a really simple breakfast, but possibly the best hotel breakfast I've ever had.

The rooms are really well set out with all that you need, and are very comfortable. They're not massive, but plenty big enough for a couple.

In short, the hotel is much more than a stylish and well decorated place for business travellers to stay (very stylish - feels like a swanky place in Manhattan, not Queensferry!). I've stayed in a lot more expensive, but few that are much better.

Well done Dakota, see you next time.

Room Tip: One side faces a dual carriageway (a fair way off), but it wasn't noisy at all.
2 Thank Steve H
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Loved the design and the layout.

Great food, fantastic bar.

However, no out of hours food available which was disappointing after a good drink (hic).

Rooms are stunning, though the grouting in our shower needed re-doing. But, that wouldn't stop me from going back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scottchuk
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Due to the great location of this hotel, I came here for a business meeting last Wednesday. I was greeted warm heartedly as i entered the front door. I then found a comfortable seat in the lobby area. As i waited on my colleague, the young waiter (Josh) made topical conversation with me. He then asked if I would like any drinks. The coffee order came quickly and was one of the nicest coffees that I've ever had. After the meeting, the same waiter who had been looking after us all day sorted out the bill and everything at the table and i didn't even have to leave my seat! Overall, I will definitely be returning to the Dakota hotel in the future.

1 Thank Jane E
The Balmoral Hotel
#9 of 147 in Edinburgh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,669 reviews
Broughton & Calton
Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (York Place)

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!