“Just as good the 2nd time as it was the 1st.... :)”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Spent another overnight stay last night, only this time me & the wife took our baby boy with us!... Me & Mrs McKay loved our very warm welcome back to this luxurious hotel, we just love everything about it, we appreciate the fact that the staff were very helpful & went out there way to Accomadate us last minute last night, we highly recommend this place to anyone who loves there luxury hotels, this is definatley the place to stay!....

Dakota hotel & all there staff keep up the good work!...

All the best from the McKay Clan

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Dakota Edinburgh

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stay here frequently for work when in Edinburgh. It's a lovely hotel with great food and amenities. All my team love the showers here particularly. I think the only complaint would be the positioning of power points in the room. They all seem to be hidden away in very odd slightly in accessible locations, there are none by the bed for example which makes it hard to charge your phone of an evening. Other than that though a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have often used the Dakota Hotel here and at Eurocentral for informal business meetings and have always enjoyed the ambience and surroundings. A couple of nights ago I booked dinner in the restaurant at the Edinburgh Dakota for my husband, myself and a business colleague.
the table was booked for 7.45pm and my husband and I arrived at 7.10pm. As I knew the lounge area to be waiter service we sat down at a table and waited....and waited. At 7.30pm I walked through to the bar and ordered drinks. The barman apologised: took my order and said he'd have drinks brought over. I ordered a Hendricks Gin and tonic. The waitress came over and apologised: they'd just run out of Hendricks. Our guest arrived and we got drinks and menus sorted. At 7.50pm we were shown through to our table. The restaurant at night is lovely: great surroundings. We ordered starters then all three ordered fish and chips. We were told that they had run out and told to re-select. Our starters were good. My husband's steak was "average": my sea bass was average and our guest's lamb curry was "excellent". We passed on puddings and ordered two teas. Why am I fixating on timings in this review? Well-we arrived at the hotel at 7.10pm and left at 11.18pm: having only had two courses and tea. It's nice to have a leisurely meal, but the service was more abandonment than anything else. There appeared to be plenty waiting staff, but I have seldom seen such a lack of focus and discipline on a busy service. A guy whom we assumed to be the maître d' spent considerable time fawning over a wine bore and his three mates at the next table and then served a table himself whilst his staff stood and chatted. This is a brilliant hotel concept: so much time and effort has been devoted to the look to the place it's a shame that on this occasion for sure the service let it down.

Room Tip: We didn't stay on this occasion but the rooms are generally very good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mrskrankie
Reviewed 9 April 2013

A rare thing - a hotel with a really welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. The staff really do go thee extra mile and nothing ever seems too much trouble; all at a price with is compatible if not better value than a number of so called "budget" establishments. This is a very high class hotel ay a very affordable price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at the hotel over the Easter weekend and although it was quite full the atmosphere was relaxed and calm - the staff are helpful, friendly and attentive. The quality of the rooms, decor and extras provided are of a high standard and includes free wifi which is often charged for. Enjoyed the breakfast and plenty of choice - my only complaint was the coffee served from a pot kept on the side table which was bitter and going cold. A fresh pot of coffee would make all the difference.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a special occasssion. On our arrival the staff were very efficent and friendly. We were then informed we were upgraded due to our special occassion. The room was very romantic, beautiful lighting, a special note left from the manager and chocs. The bed was very comfortable, staff always on hand if you need anything. Quite simply we LOVED our stay and we cant wait to return!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

You can book your room at Dakota knowing that you have made a good choice. Rates out of season are especially good value. From the exterior you would have no idea a hotel existed behind the black polished modern windows. The interior is warm and inviting. Rooms are spacious with great taste with the decor. Bathrooms are spotless the floors are heated, such luxury.Beds are very comfortable indeed and ensure a good rest. The temperature in the rooms were perfect. The views over the Forth bridges are wonderful. I did not have dinner on this occasion but have in the past and it is to be recommended. A good choice at breakfast. A special mention to the attentive concierge that upon being aware that a taxi which I had ordered did not arrive on time took the initiative to drive me in the courtesy vehicle to the local train station, thats excellent and unexpected service. Although Dakota is some way from the city centre there is ample transportation available that id frequent and efficient. A great stay,see you in August !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
New Town
The Principal Edinburgh George Street
Old Town
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!