Dakota Edinburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
Tally-Ho Hotel(Broxburn)
  • Pool
2,113 results
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomreception stafffantastic hotelone night stayan overnight stayreception areacooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferrytesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

On entering the Dakota I first noticed the ceiling to floor velvet curtains you have to walk through in order to enter the hotel which adds to the theatre of staying there and the beautiful, luxurious smell. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and were always very efficient in answering my questions when I rang them. The rooms (and I think I went for one of the cheapest options) were massive and really well, tastefully decorated (there is an aviation theme running through the hotel). Massive comfortable beds and a shower so powerful I struggled to leave it in the morning! I had room service one night (there is a Frankie and Benny's immediately outside if preferred) which was delivered quickly, was really tasty and reasonably priced. The restaurant actually asked (when i asked what their vegetarian options were) whether there was anything I fancied and they would see when they could do. Breakfast was brilliant - a choice from a cold buffet with yoghurt, cheeses, breads and pastries, and a choice of hot food, freshly prepared.

However, there were a couple of niggles. The main one being that when I went to check in and out there were long waits due to the reception staff dealing with a number of other issues (printing out people's train times, organising people's restaurant bookings in Edinburgh) that I would have expected a concierge to be doing to free up reception. Not ideal after and in advance of a long journey. The £5 tray charge also seemed a little steep for such a small hotel. Not a super view from the room - straight out onto a road, but I guess they can't change that.

All in all though, a great stay and I will look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Only stayed one night for my boyfriends birthday and it has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, big comfy bed, gorgeous room, big flat screen tv just perfect for a romantic get away! The staff were lovely and polite couldn't of asked for any better! Can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Dakota is a comfortable boutique hotel just outside Edinburgh. For such a trendy hotel it has the added bonus of accepting dogs and even provides a doggy bed and bowl on request. It is really well located, but the popularity of the restaurant does cause issues with parking in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for his birthday and we absolutely loved it! The staff are very professional and were very helpful. Beautiful modern room with plenty space. The food was also amazing! Not a single fault in our whole stay, will definately be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel. This is the first time I've stayed in any of the Dakota chain hotels and I was mightily impressed. From the moment we arrived it was obvious about the staffs very high professionalism and attention to detail. Could not have been more helpful. We stayed there as a weekend getaway from the kids. There's not much to do in theimmediate vicinity, but that suited us. The food for breakfast and for dinner was outstanding. I would go as far as saying its the best I've ever eaten. The lamb curry was sensational. The only real downside for me was there was no bath, only a shower. However I can't complain or make negative feedback as we knew this before we booked. The mattress in our room could've been better but certainly not bad enough for me to complain. As soon as we left, we spoke about returning for another couple of days of escaping to do nothing. Tesco, Burger King, frankie & bennies all in the same retail park if you don't want to dine in the hotel. But the food is definitely worth trying as it really is fantastic. Well done to all involved. We had a great time

• Stayed: May 2013