2,255 results
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomfantastic hotelreception staffone night stayreception areaan overnight staygreat showercooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferry
Reviewed 14 July 2013

A complimentary shuttle ( Monday-Friday only), driven by a young man in a black kilt, whisks you away for the 15 minutes drive to the hotel. The first look is very surprising. A granite-clad cube in the countryside next to a supermarket. Sleek elegance strikes you when you enter the hotel. The dark grey, comfortable room is welcoming as is the bathroom with its rain shower and its generous amenities. There are a few jarring bit: the silly hangers that cannot be removed easily and the "wardrobe" cleverly hidden behind the bed does not accommodate longish dresses, nor can trousers be hung by their cuffs. The restaurant's food is fresh and well presented. The staff is composed of stylish young women, all clad in black. They are knowledgeable and helpful.
The hotel seems to be set up to accommodate business meetings. Its location doesn't allow you to escape easily to a pub or to shopping or sightseeing, but if you travel toward the Highlands and wish for a stylish and comfortable night's rest, this is a very pleasant stopping place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JacquelineB228
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This beats paying over the odds in the centre of Edinburgh. There is a certain ambiance with this place that defies its setting. Well done. Great room, modern and classy. Food was very good. I had the home made burger for dinner, and it was home made. The smoked haddock and poached eggs for breakfast were great, though I would have preferred to finish my fruit before they were served; but that's a minor inconvenience.
I have used holiday inn before for working here, but not anymore. This place wins hands down.
You even get free WiFi, how very European of them. Not that I am cynical about WiFi in UK hotels.
The staff were all well presented, smart, and eager to please without being fawning.
I wish I had found this hotel a lot earlier. Apparently this is a chain, so I will be checking out the others at some point.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had a wonderful 3 day break at the Dakota, we have stayed here many times before, we choose it because it is convenient, friendly, wonderful food, and the accommodation is superb, and this 3 day break was no different, friendly reception staff, waiters and waitresses, all of the hotel staff are helpful.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good, some have better views but when you are out and about a view was not important to us.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Dakota the night before our flight to turkey, the hotel is very modern and clean.

Our meal in the restaurant was lovely and well presented, staff were friendly but a little too attentive for our liking always asking if we wanted to order more from the bar which was rather pricey but as we were on holiday we didn't allow this to spoil our stay.

Check out was swift though confusing, my card was registered prior to arrival, on arrival and again on check out and I was confused as the weather my payment card had been debited or not as a result I settled in cash but as we were departing very early I could be bothered getting into a debate about it.

A swimming pool would have enhanced our stay, as we are not big drinkers a swimming pool would have been a nice alternative to pass our evening. All that said I would highly recommend a stay at the Dakota and it took us only a few minutes drive to the airport in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Tesco supermarket ,Fanny & Benny,Burger King and Gas station all within walking distance. Very clean and new,right next to highway but not noisy at a'll. Only thing I feel missing is the safe box, i need to carry all my passport and money wherever i go.

• Stayed: July 2013