“I expected so much more”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Wife brought me here for my 40th, rooms were ok, but that's all, food was lovely but service lets the whole place down , I had to ask for a fork as wasn't there as they brought meal to me, breakfast I had to ask for toast , which eventually arrived after finished !!, there are so many better hotels I have stayed in, which will receive my money again , unlike Dakota

• Stayed: October 2012
DakotahotelEdinburgh, General Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was very disappointed to hear that your experience at Dakota in October last year was not of the standards which you have come to expect of the other salubrious establishments which you have reviewed. I am sure you will appreciate that it is difficult to comment upon the service shortfalls you have described given the length of time which has lapsed since you stayed with us. I am delighted to say, however, that the feedback which we have received relating to service over the past few months has been excellent. I am confident that if you were to return to Dakota, the level of service which continues to bring us considerable plaudits would be evident.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Ovenstone

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We are still very enthusiastic about the hotel itself,and the location is ideal to drive to and from the airport.The rooms are extremely comfortable and the quality/price ratio is excellent.

However,we found the Brasserie food more boring and slightly disappointing.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Dakota Hotel certainly lived up to its reputation and provided a very comfortable place for an overnight stay prior to departing to Edinburgh Airport for our flight to Mauritius. Both front of house and restaurant staff were very well trained and provided high quality service. The room was quite small but very comfortable. We will definitely stay again.

1  Thank suskhatru
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We dined in the restaurant. The service from begging to end was impeccable, the food was delicious as so the wine, the menu had extensive range of dishes and wines. Beautiful furniture, very clean establishment. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sea98
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We spent several days here. This hotel is beautiful and classy with its modern design. The staff is so friendly and knowledgeable and the food in the lovely restaurant is delicious. And did I mention they have great cocktails? Well they do. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here for a weekend to attend a friends wedding. Wasn't expecting too much, but the hotel turned out to be a real gem. The whole place feels very well thought out, and is a master class on interior design. It's probably the first hotel I've stayed at, where the bedroom feels like a bedroom you could have at home, but you would never have the creative skill to get it looking this good.
Aside from the interior, the staff were very helpful on advice with the shuttle bus and getting a local train in to Edinburgh.

1  Thank 489Nick
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I took my girlfriend there for a meal n stay as i was proposing to her.
The staff couldnt have been any better, as they helped with all my imjury needs n setting up the proposal too.

Wld def recommend staying there...as everything from start to finish was perfect. Thankyou

• Stayed: July 2013
Murrayfield
Murrayfield Hotel and House
Murrayfield Hotel and House
#35 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!