“Excellent hotel 5 star”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
“Excellent hotel 5 star”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel modern funky clean space big bed and big tv
Staff very good fit everything you need definitely be back highly recommend love it .breakfast lovely cooked breakfast plus buffet
It was a great romantic stay . This hotel feels like 5 star .

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable evening and a comfortable night at this hotel. The evening meal was delicious and served by a very attentive staff with a timely interval between courses. The room was spotlessly clean and well equipped with an excellent view of the Forth Rail Bridge. The breakfast consisted of the usual fayre and was a little bit over priced and, like most other hotels, the bread was barely toasted. Overall I would recommend this location as an ideal base for tourists visiting the Lothian, Fife and Perthshire regions.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Midlands
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great place to stay for business.
If you want lovely views from your room this isn't the hotel for you.
Positioned next to a Tesco store, Frankie & Bennies and Burger King it's actually in a great spot as I'd recommend using F&B's for breakfast as £15 in the hotel is too much.
The check in was hassle free and the staff in all parts of the hotel were very pleasant.
Rooms are nicely decorated, the bed was very comfy.
Had a bar meal which was the burger, it was nice but the desert which was a butterscotch parfait was ruined by being extremely salty and not to my liking.
With drinks and 2 courses I felt it was a bit expensive at nearly £100 for 2.
Bar was relaxed and a good atmosphere with very good waiting staff.
Overall the hotel looks the part but a little over priced.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Teesside
Reviewed 19 September 2013

South Queensferry itself is a lovely little base for exploring Scotland, however we found this hotel all style and no substance. It lacked basic standards such as bathroom cleanliness, wifi in our room did not work and for a modern building the noise from outside was very loud. The continental breakfast was good but the cooked breakfasts were appalling. We had a problem with our room which we reported to the reception staff immediately and each day after but they made no effort to move us or contact us about the problem until the last day. We had family staying at the priory lodge bed and breakfast in South Queensferry, which is where we will be staying on future visits.

2 Thank Daisy502013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have to say overall this was a lovely hotel décor is different but that's a bonus. Very comfortable bed with all the required facilities
I feel the not so good was dinner I found the meal I had below an acceptable standard for the amount paid..........would stay again and eat elsewhere

Room Tip: it is a really nice hotel and can recommend I just was disappointed in the meal and would choose to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I cannot fault this venue for location and its big luxurious comfy bed. I just want to point out to possible residents that none of the junior suites have a view of the Bridges. This was a huge disappointment to me. I had hoped that by upgrading from an ordinary room to a Junior Suite we might have been offered a view as well. There is quite a mark up between the normal room and the junior suite and I'm not sure it is worth it. The room is big and instead of small bottles of water, there are large bottles of water. But in my opinion this does not justify the extra money. I cannot fault the cleanliness off the room nor the excellent service - we ordered the rose petal turn down which was an extra special touch, but in future I would opt for an ordinary room and ask at booking for a view. Free parking and only two minutes from the main road with a Tesco next door for nibbles! all very nice.

Room Tip: The junior suite is just a slightly bigger room. No junior suite has a view of the Bridges - such a...
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Have always wanted to visit the Dakota after seeing it from the road. Got a great deal - £109 D,B&B ('Just the Two of Us' offer). A quick look beforehand at the menu made sure we were prepared for the fact that £20pp was not going to even nearly cover dinner... But thinking of it as £69 B&B plus £40 dinner allocation, it's still a really good deal for a hotel of this calibre.
It was great stay. Our room was just as described, and spotless. Real coffee with a cafetiere was a superb touch!
Our dinner was lovely. Two starters, two (excellent) steaks for mains, shared dessert, soft drinks and coffees came to c£85. Dining room was very nice, and the service was excellent. Would come back just for the restaurant.
Breakfast was also brilliant, in fact one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had. Great buffet selection and perfect cooked menu, I had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, it was enormous. One let-down was that the coffee was pretty crap - but as I'd had a good coffee in the room before coming down, it bothered me less than it might have otherwise.
So a great stay, a lovely wee treat just to get away from the drudgery of home routines for the night - I'd do it again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
The Dunstane Hotel
#12 of 149 in Edinburgh
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
#86 of 149 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!