Dakota Edinburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
Tally-Ho Hotel(Broxburn)
  • Pool
2,113 results
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomreception stafffantastic hotelone night stayan overnight stayreception areacooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferrytesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to attend a family wedding. It was excellent with great service, friendly staff and beautiful accommodation. The breakfast was lovely with a wide choice suitable for all tastes. 10/10

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Dakota hotel, after working in hotels myself for years I pay attention to the little details. At the Dakota I couldn't find fault in anything, from start to finish the whole experience was fantastic, your every need is catererd for and staff make it obvious that nothing is too much trouble to make your stay that extra bit special. The personal service is exemplary and the hotel itself stunning, I will definitely be back and would reccomend going if you haven't already.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Key points:
Reasonably priced.

Very high standard of cleanliness.

Stylish, modern and comfortable reception/lounge.

Hard working kind and very helpful staff whom add the personal touch.

Great hotel room, spotless - beautifully arranged and spacious with great modern feature but also very romantic.

Would recommend this hotel for any occasion or trip.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have just returned after a one night stay with my husband. We arrived Sunday 8th December and picked this hotel due to reviews on trip adviser and location as my husband had to go to Rosyth whilst there. The reception area is very modern with low lighting and check-in was easy.Our room was on the second floor facing the main road into Edinburgh but wasn't bothered by noise at all. The room was spotless with plenty of room and a large TV too. The bathroom was lovely with a walk-in shower and toiletries provided. I can't comment on the food as we went into Edinburgh to see the Christmas lights and stalls. We would have no hesitation on staying here again. Good price and very good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

At £69 for the night, room only, we thought this hotel represented good value for money. The room was tastefully decorated and had a nice boutique feel about it. However, we thought the bed and pillows were on the hard side. The 'public' areas were equally well presented with a feeling of quality throughout and all the staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful. We were less convinced about value for money in the restaurant. We both had a pre-dinner drink - dry martini (£10)/prosecco - starter, main each and a split cheeseboard to finish, accompanied by a bottle of red wine and after dinner whisky/glayva. Cost £122. Now, I would have thought that reasonable if we had selected the more expensive, eg wine and seafood, options and had the 10oz rib eye been accompanied by more that one mushroom and a half tomato to go with the chips (I don't count watercress as a vegetable). My wife loved the roast venison but, again, thought the accompanying vegetables were minimal. That said, the food was well cooked - well OK the steak was rare instead of blue - and well presented, but the plates could have been hotter. Overall 9/10 for accommodation, 6.5/10 for catering, mainly down to VFM.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple