“Outstanding service and food to die for”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and food to die for”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We arrived on a Saturday lunchtime for a night's stay in the Dakota which had been recommended to me by a friend. Arlene, the manager, started talking to us as we checked in and couldn't have been more helpful. The shop she recommended in South Quensferry was perfect for the gifts we were looking to buy. The room was immaculate and very stylish.

We had cocktails before heading into dinner, not something I would normally consider but the service was excellent and the bar was full of people doing the same. Do not stay at this hotel without sampling the food. It's amazing! Again, the service was incredible and the staff were really knowledgable and friendly. I cannot do justice to the steak we were served or the risotto. It was possibly the best meal I have had. The manager recognised us and came over to check on how we were enjoying the meal. A nice touch. The we had the desserts....WOW!

All in all a lovely night, great food, a beautiful room and lovely, realxed breakfast, which was cooked to order.

If you are looking for a night of luxury, with superb service and incredible food I would recommend you treat yourself to a stay at the Dakota... We have already booked another night for next month.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Hebrew first
n. Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The two nights that my wife and I stayed at this hotel was sadly two days too short! Having stayed at many hotels throughout Europe we both felt that this hotel exceeded our expectations. Right from the moment we checked in we were both stuck by the attentiveness shown to us and the quality we received. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The food was served with a very high degree of customer service and the quality was exquisite. The waiter was extremely attentive and on one occasion the Head Chief came out to see if everything was to our satisfaction. We were both very impressed by this hotel and we will without doubt be back to this very relaxing, quality hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Placentia, CA
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I booked at this hotel for business meetings in the morning. Upon arrival was informed that they do not have Internet at the moment and hope to have it restored in the near future. When I booked it showed free wifi throughout! False advertising!!!! I prepaid...or I would check out and find a new hotel!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank twistof8
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Really enjoyed my over night stay at this hotel. The rooms were excellent in every way. Great value for money.
The restaurant was very modern with excellent food all be it very expensive for what you got. Just under £10 for two drinks did not encourage me to drink much that's for sure.
I must say the staff were really friendly and very professional , a credit to the hotel.
One thing I would improve is the wifi , very poor for a hotel of this standard !

Room Tip: Lower level , less wind !
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wysie588
Tayport. Fife
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had driven passed on many occasions and thought the hotel looked interesting.
It lived up to my expectations and more.
Only there one night, but going again soon.
Rooms are lovely and big. Great decor.
Beds very comfy.
Restaurant was being decorated, but we were given complementary breakfast.
Bar and reception area very tasteful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat K
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A great modern hotel with an industrial look, good rooms let down by an inconsistent wifi service at peak times. We stayed here for two nights and had two rooms both of which were identical with good facilities but no bath. We all had a good nights sleep once we had mastered the complicated air conditioning controls. The big let down for us was the restaurant staff half of which seemed to be walking around in a daze and more interested if we had enough to drink rather than if the food was ok. The food was very good although a 30z steak that I had did have at least a 15oz bone through the middle and another of our party found it difficult to work her self round a bone in her chicken breast. The second night we had dinner I had a crab starter which had at least 4 pieces of shell in so many mouthfuls that I gave up eating it. When I told the waitress she did everything to avoid the subject and no apology was made I felt as if they did not care. Breakfast was just as bad with staff not really bothered cold coffee in insulated jugs was quickly swapped to hot tea on complaining and having to wait 20 minutes for someone to take the hot breakfast order is not on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here which I bought for my partners birthday. As before this was a faultless stay. From booking over the phone to checking out, the entire stay was perfectly pleasing. We stayed from the Friday to the Sunday with dinner on the Friday and breakfast both mornings.
We were sat at our table and given the menus which is standard procedure at a restaurant, but they push the boat out, we were given bread and a lovely tomato dip and were recommended cocktails and food. For mains I had the lobster and my partner had the steak with a red wine sauce which was not on the sauce list, and really wanted to try caviar, so even although it was not on the menu they gladly made up a sauce for him which was exquisite, and served it with a wee drop of caviar in a separate dish. The lobster was out of this world, the meal was just perfectly "melt in the mouth" Cooked.
For the breakfast, the spread at the continental table was lovely, cereals, yoghurts, fruit, meats, cheese. Something for everyone. Then you got your cooked breakfast. We both had full scottish with the choice of egg, both perfectly cooked. All served with toast, tea and coffee. I would go back just for the food.
The rooms where huge. All keeping in with the modern feel, minimalistic but indulgent. Huge comfy beds and a lovely big shower that make shopping feel like a chore to even the biggest shopaholic.
Will without a doubt be back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#13 of 148 in Edinburgh
The Chester Residence
The Chester Residence
#1 of 148 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!