“Fantastic hotel- great good and service ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
glasgow
“Fantastic hotel- great good and service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I've actually now stayed at this hotel 3 times. The first time was the night before my hen night with my best friends( a couple of years ago), once with my Husband and once with a group of friends last year for an Anniversary celebration.
I cannot recommend Dakota highly enough for food and service. Every time I have eaten there, the food has been extremely delicious. The wine list is my only slight disappointment. I think a hotel of Dakota's calibre should really have a better choice of wine. It is a bit limited.
The last time we stayed, I was pregnant and Arlene( I think who is the Operations manager?!) was so accommodating bringing me extra pillows and making sure I was very comfortable. Also, as we were there with a group of friends for a special occasion, Arlene really went out of her way to make everything perfect!
In fact , all the staff were very friendly too!
Will be going back at the earliest opportunity. Excellent, friendly, cosy and comfortable hotel with great service.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chrissiemitch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Spent an fantastic weekend at this hotel for my Wedding anniversary. Beautiful atmosphere, welcoming staff and AMAZING food. I was very fortunate to dine at Tom Kitchin's 'The Castle' and the Dakota in the same weekend and the food at the Dakota was every bit as wonderful! The rooms were immaculate and very relaxing. Oh and don't forget to try the cocktails - French martini is my fave!! Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtspider
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

First came here on business then came back with my wife because I loved the service, design and atmosphere so much.

Dakota is a fantastic hotel and they provide Cafetiere in the room. Great touch for coffee lovers :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reputedly
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We arrived on a Saturday lunchtime for a night's stay in the Dakota which had been recommended to me by a friend. Arlene, the manager, started talking to us as we checked in and couldn't have been more helpful. The shop she recommended in South Quensferry was perfect for the gifts we were looking to buy. The room was immaculate and very stylish.

We had cocktails before heading into dinner, not something I would normally consider but the service was excellent and the bar was full of people doing the same. Do not stay at this hotel without sampling the food. It's amazing! Again, the service was incredible and the staff were really knowledgable and friendly. I cannot do justice to the steak we were served or the risotto. It was possibly the best meal I have had. The manager recognised us and came over to check on how we were enjoying the meal. A nice touch. The we had the desserts....WOW!

All in all a lovely night, great food, a beautiful room and lovely, realxed breakfast, which was cooked to order.

If you are looking for a night of luxury, with superb service and incredible food I would recommend you treat yourself to a stay at the Dakota... We have already booked another night for next month.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
n. Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The two nights that my wife and I stayed at this hotel was sadly two days too short! Having stayed at many hotels throughout Europe we both felt that this hotel exceeded our expectations. Right from the moment we checked in we were both stuck by the attentiveness shown to us and the quality we received. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The food was served with a very high degree of customer service and the quality was exquisite. The waiter was extremely attentive and on one occasion the Head Chief came out to see if everything was to our satisfaction. We were both very impressed by this hotel and we will without doubt be back to this very relaxing, quality hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Placentia, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I booked at this hotel for business meetings in the morning. Upon arrival was informed that they do not have Internet at the moment and hope to have it restored in the near future. When I booked it showed free wifi throughout! False advertising!!!! I prepaid...or I would check out and find a new hotel!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank twistof8
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Really enjoyed my over night stay at this hotel. The rooms were excellent in every way. Great value for money.
The restaurant was very modern with excellent food all be it very expensive for what you got. Just under £10 for two drinks did not encourage me to drink much that's for sure.
I must say the staff were really friendly and very professional , a credit to the hotel.
One thing I would improve is the wifi , very poor for a hotel of this standard !

Room Tip: Lower level , less wind !