“Amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dakota Edinburgh
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I come to this hotel regularly on business and its my favourite hotel and always my first choice in Scotland. Rooms are clean, large and welcoming.the staff are always polite and
friendly. If staying I highly recommend the food - the steaks are amazing!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank fayed21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Hebrew first
Inverurie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the second visit to this hotel, love it . Great food and atmosphere. Lovely decor, friendly staff. Good price for what you get compared to the other hotels in the city centre. nothing we didn't like. Just great !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on the reviews for dinner and an overnight treat for my partners birthday! I can honestly say the staff were amazing nothing was too much hassle they made us feel at ease and after dinner the waiter took us through to the lobby to sit and relax with our cocktails that were topped up all night, the room was lovely. The only downside is there is no fridge in the room so we made use of a few ice buckets that were sent up to our room within minutes after requesting them. I will definetly be booking up again! We also bumped into Gerard Butler during our stay which made it that little more special !!!! What a birthday treat- thanks again to all the staff at Dakota!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeanneLa
Sanquhar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting Edinburgh zoo as I could not find a nice hotel in the city centre for a reasonable price. I'm glad I chose the Dakota. Rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. Restaurant food was delicious, some of the best I've had in a hotel. Staff we're very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauldavi02
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our wedding night & it was a disappointing experience. The corridors are dark. The room has a dull decor and was cold. I had a terrible nights sleep as I couldn't find the control for the air conditioning. There was no hotel instruction sheet so you were left to work things out for yourself. We were only given one set of towels. I won't be staying there again as it definitely does not give value for money. The only bright note was the breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Retford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday and upon arrival I was wowed by the building exterior. It looked like the sort of building you see in Dubai - so contemporary and smart. The whole hotel was lovely everything was so clean and the room was really cool. I even had a cute little note off of the PR team wishing me a happy birthday which was a nice little touch. Staff are willing to go the extra mile to please you!

My only advice would be if you want to book a dinner reservation - book it before you go to avoid disappointment. Failing that there is a Frankies & Bennys across the road which is lovely also!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our whole stay from start to finish was just fantastic! Couldn't have asked for better service...when on arrival and walking in, it really did have the wow factor. The food was first class. The rooms were very clean and also finished off to a high standard. Will definitely be back!! :)

• Stayed June 2014
Old Town
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
#22 of 150 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!