“No mini bar...but actual bar is well stocked!”
Review of Dakota Edinburgh

Dakota Edinburgh
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Comfortable rooms. A bit pricey, but impressive non-the-less. Friendly staff. Train station a short walk/drive away. Well situated for travel into Edinburgh, and handy for The Forth Road Bridge for omward travel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,015)

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife yesterday (24/08/14) for a birthday weekend away.

The room we were in was very nice. Very clean, and the staff were exceptionally helpful. On the whole I couldn't fault the hotel or the entire experience. The nearby town of south queensferry was great to walk around and the views of the forth road and rail bridges was impressive.

The only tiny niggle which prevented my giving the full 5 stars was that in the rooms there is somewhat a shortage of power sockets. There are only 2 free power sockets in the room, both situated in the centre under the tv. I would have preferred st least one near the bedside table so I could charge my mobile without lying it on the floor. This also meant the supplied hairdryer did not reach the dressing table mirror which was slightly awkward for my wife to do her hair.

It's not a massive problem, and did not detract from out excellent weekend away, but I felt it warranted a mention for the purposes of possible improvement. Even a short extension would suffice.

I would definately stay here again, as I honestly think we would struggle to find facilities as clean and fresh for the money.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mick W
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at the Dakota on Wednesday night and it was up to its usual excellent standard .Despite the festival being on the room rate was quite reasonable compared to lesser hotels closer to the city centre. I am already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We dinned on our return from holiday, after landing at Edinburgh airport. We dropped in by chance again and the 3 of us were accommodated in a professional manner, without any fuss, despite it being very busy. Service was first class (again!) and food was very good. My "dressed crab" starter was best and the 3 of us all had rib-eye steaks which were all cooked exactly as ordered. If I was being hyper-critical, I felt the steaks contained much more fatty bits than we are used to, particularly compared with previous visits here. We won't let this put us off returning again sometime soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayDeeUk
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this ultra modern hotel in Edinburgh. The dark decor make this unique hotel special. The room was new and just felt like something out of a Tom Clancy Novel. Great service, great care great drinks. Delivery to the airport topped off a great stay. I will stay there each time at the Dakota at the olde Edinburgh town. Thanks so much.
Fleet Daddy

I

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FleetDaddy
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Chic, modern, cozy, comfortable dark surroundings, candlelit day and night. Comfortable room, great bathroom well lit (for makeup application!). Only minor niggle is took ages to find plug near mirror to use hairdryer - found next day! Staff were friendly and polite. Breakfast delicious, good choice, something for everyone. Would recommend and definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the bridge.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jockette67
Reviewed 18 August 2014

booked 2 rooms for family wedding for 2 nights - had arranged for courtesy vehicle to meet us at the airport. Long story but this resulted in us having to wait an hour and a half in a cold car park. we arrive at the hotel, no apology, instead we are told that the whole stay has to be paid for on arrival! This is a first to me.
As far as the hotel building is concerned, felt a bit like landing in a tardis in the middle of an industrial estate, open the door and you are greeted by two heavy curtains obscuring the reception area - wierd. rooms comfortable enough and quiet. Lovely breakfast served by friendly, helpful staff. suited our purpose vis-a-vis location but wouldn't stay there again. short walk to village of south queensferry which is cute.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Murrayfield
Murrayfield Hotel and House
Murrayfield Hotel and House
#36 of 151 in Edinburgh

Been to Dakota Edinburgh? Share your experiences!