Dakota Edinburgh
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
US$126
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
US$150
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel(South Queensferry)(Great Value!)
US$87
Orbitz.com
US$145
US$138
2,114 results
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomreception stafffantastic hotelone night stayan overnight stayreception areacooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferrytesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Stayed 1 night on Dinner, Bed and Breakfast rate - the room was modern with some clever space saving ideas that made the room feel bigger - bathroom contemporary with good quality shampoo/body wash, heated towel rail and fab power shower (no bath). Dinner in the restaurant was faultless and was busy for a Sunday night - great choice of food - focus on seafood - staff were friendly. Hotel has a very urban vibe and punches well above its weight. Breakfast was a choice of cold buffet and made to order a'la carte. The location didn't bother us but clearly not for everyone if you want to be closer to Edinburgh city centre - but that's reflected in the price - can't wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Stayed here recently and had a great stay. Check-in was quick, the reception staff were friendly and the lifts have a video of moving clouds in them - great for those who hate lifts! Rooms are a good size with lovely decor, very clean and well maintained. Ate in the hotel restaurant which was very good, attentive but not too attentive service and very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The location is the only slight downside. It is mainly aimed at business travellers I suspect (given the location which is not in Edinburgh but at the forth road bridge), however, the upsides of the hotel more than make up for it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Stayed at the Dakota with B&B.
Bedroom and bathroom were very clean and modern, plasma telly on the wall was a big plus!
Breakfast was good and tasty but not worth the price! Would have been better with a buffet breakfast!
Tescos over the road, very handy for late night munchies!
All in all a good wee break!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Check in was easy, girl on desk very friendly and polite though we were given very brief directions to our room but as we've stayed here before we knew where to go. The room was very cold as you need to put your key card in the slot to get the heating on and we did not arrive until after six in the evening and went down for drinks at half past. When we got back to our room late at night it took most of the night to heat up - and the air conditioner/heater was noisy. The rooms are a good size with showers only, no baths, in the en suite. The sinks are a bit like the plastic ones in a caravan. The showers are good but I hate the very large bath sheets. I believe they are a waste of resources - all the extra washing and drying of them. There is a large flat screen tv on the wall which has satalite programmes and radio coverage. We had a meal in the evening which was fine but I thought rather highly salted. I had a steak which had been cooked perfectly but it seemed to have a salty taste. To my surprise in the morning, even my toast had salt on it. This probably came from something else but I do not use salt on my meals so I know I never accidently sprinkled any on. The staff in the morning are cheerful and get your tea/coffee quickly. I have only graded this hotel as average as it is one of the more expensive in the area and on this occasion I do not feel it was worth it though would probably use it again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Very smart stylish hotel. We were there for a business meeting and conference staff were very attentive - can't say the same for the rest of the staff. Reception not very welcoming - I had to attract their attention to find out where our meeting was. Meeting rooms were good, although only tea and coffee on offer (no herbal teas or soft drinks) but we were inundated with pastries, shortbread and cakes, all made in house.
Rooms were stunning to look at, but a number of irritations. Took me a while to work out the shower, and the shape meant the floor got wet. Toilet roll holder didn't contain toilet roll so when you pull a piece off the whole roll flies across the bathroom - onto the wet floor. (not just me, colleagues reported this too!). There was no where to hang a full length coat. The tea and coffee tray was on quite a high shelf, and had to be taken to the other end of the room to be plugged in on the floor. The whole room was very dark, and quite noisy from the traffic outside. The beds were very comfortable.
The food was excellent. Lunch was interesting, which is a refreshing change from just sandwiches. We were served lamb chops, squid, chicken, chips and sandwiches. Dinner was excellent. I had very tasty chicken, and my colleagues who had the halibut said it was excellent. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)