Dakota Edinburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
Tally-Ho Hotel(Broxburn)
  • Pool
2,110 results
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomreception stafffantastic hotelone night stayan overnight stayreception areacooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferrytesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Good place to stay, especially if you are visiting Edinburgh and have a car. Rooms are nice, clean and quiet. There is plenty of free parking at the hotel and South Queensferry is a place with it own character, surrounded by some nice countryside and loads of places to visit - cultural and commercial.
The hotel sits on a retail park, which has it uses - petrol, ATMs, Tesco (, Burger King)... Once inside the hotel there is an almost fairy tale like transformation of location to something rather closer to New York than the outer edges of Edinburgh. The fish/seafood restaurant is pretty good as well.
For people with cars and visiting Edinbugh, a five minute drive brings you to Dalmeny rail station with free parking and an 8 minute ride to Edinburgh Haymarket - £3.80 return, altogether less hassle than staying in Edinburgh and having to find a safe place to leave a car.

2  Thank wbBracknell
Reviewed 16 February 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Dakota for valentines. We had seen the hotel on numerous occasions passing it on the motorway. I was concerned the rooms may be noisy because of the road, but I needn't have worried. The room itself was clean, fresh and larger than a lot of rooms we've stayed in recently. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to South Queensferry with a few great bars overlooking the two Forth bridges. We had a fantastic meal in the restaurant, with the service very friendly and attentive. My one slight criticism was that they ran out of limes in the bar which meant I couldn't have my second of my favourite cocktail - but I'll forgive them for that...

1  Thank sooooooooooz
Reviewed 6 February 2010

Me and my partner stayed at the hotel start of february for a night away. I was blown away. It is a gorgeous hotel. Nice clean big rooms, very luxurious, bed very comfy, lots of great freebies in the room. The staff were also very pleasant and couldnt do enough for you. The food was excellent. Quite alot to choose from. You have the bar menu, grill menu (the one we went to) and also breakfast. Slightly overpriced but me and my partner really enjoyed it so money well spent in our case.
Modern hotel, beautiful outside and in to sit and relax in the bar and lounge area. Very romantic as well as the opposite, relaxing with business friends after work. What more can you ask for for £79 a night.
Have spoken to persons who have stayed here in the past and going by their reviews its still the same. Very pleasant stay and we will be returning.

1  Thank laurah1888
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My partner & I previously stayed at Dakota in October 2008 where we had a terrific stay - we were particularly impressed with both the service of all staff & the impressive food in the Grill. On returning in January 2010 we checked in with ease and made our way to our room on the fifth floor - once again the rooms are modern chic and very clean/tidy. The problems began when we went to the Grill for dinner - After being served stale bread before dinner we were treated to rubbery overcooked squid for starter, the waitress failed to notice we hadnt eaten our starter and quickly cleared our plates without any questions as to why we left some food or to see if we enjoyed the stater.....the mains consisted of my bland under seasoned lamb and my partners uninspiring john dory,on telling the waitress she once again quickly cleared the table and replied I will tell the chef!We were then given the dessert menus without asking if we would like any beforehand?
At this point we retired to our room,disappointed that we hadnt had the same dining experience we had on our first visit to the Grill.
After a good night sleep in the lovely room,we departed without being asked by the receptionist if we had enjoyed our stay?
Once again the service level at Dakota has dropped dramatically since our first visit.
This is disappointing as the hotel is lovely but some customer service training is badly needed.

1  Thank inspiralkev
Reviewed 8 January 2010

great value,great room,great food,great service...having gone from one side of the globe to the other,one of the ones that sticks in my mind.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple