Lowest prices for your stay
£133
Algotels
£120
Lesleyaitken0

Anniversary stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Aug 2021via mobile
This was our first time staying at this hotel, smooth check in, we upgraded to an executive suite and we were not disappointed, the suite was really big and spacious, and had a coffee machine and complimentary mini bar, we didn’t have dinner in the hotel so cannot comment on this but breakfast was lovely and plentiful. We will definitely return.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 3 Aug 2021
Dear lesleyaitken0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you chose to join us at Dakota Edinburgh for your anniversary celebrations.

I'm so pleased that you chose to mark the occasion in our newly renovated Executive Suite, and were impressed with the room and it's features.

I'm also thrilled that you felt the quality of our breakfast was lovely and there was a good selection provided.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk to assist with making your next reservation.

• Lol.travel
2.9 miles from Dakota Edinburgh
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in South Queensferry
3,448 results
All reviews forth road bridge reception staff stylish hotel executive room close to the airport an overnight stay fantastic hotel one night stay reception area cooked breakfast fantastic stay comfy bed city centre queensferry tesco edinburgh wee
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2021

Stayed here with my boyfriend and it was our first time visiting. I had heard good things from friends who have been before and we were not disappointed. Beautiful room. (Deluxe mini suite). Massive bed. Amazing food. Lovely staff.

Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank Road42181761486
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2021

Dear Roaad42181761486,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm thrilled to hear you and your boyfriend had a lovely first experience at Dakota Edinburgh.

I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with our newly renovated Deluxe Suite which does contain a super king size bed for extra comfort.

I'm also pleased to hear that you felt the food in our Grill restaurant was amazing and were well looked after by our team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk to assist with your next reservation.

Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

Overnight stay after a lovely Forth river cruise. Covid protocols adhered to. Check in very efficient. Rooms very clean. Restaurant food and the service excellent. My only complaint is that it was a beautiful day outside but we wouldn’t have known as the interior of the hotel is so dark. I know this is the decor in all the Dakotas and it is very modern and tasteful but a few outside tables to have a drink would have been lovely. There is some garden area which I’m sure could be converted into outside seating. I would have thought with the current Covid situation, this would be a desirable asset.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lornaf196

Dear lornad196,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you experienced an overall enjoyable stay with us recently and felt our teams service was excellent.

I am of course saddened that our décor was not to you liking however I do appreciate that this comes down to personal preference.

Regrettably I'm unsure what garden area you may be referring to as the hotel is surrounded by our car park. Nonetheless, we will of course take your comments into consideration.

If I can assist you personally with any future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk.

Reviewed 5 July 2021

Really surpirsed when I walked inside, looks like an office block next to Tescos and the motorway but step inside and its really swanky. Staff highly professional and attentive. Good value for a place of this quality. Free easy parking. Would highly recommend

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank monkeyhan

Dear monkeyhan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It sounds as though your recent visit to Dakota Edinburgh exceeded your expectations in more ways than one.

I'm delighted that you felt the hotel had a high end feel to it and provided good value for money. Our ethos is to provide our guests with affordable luxury and so this is particularly poignant.

I'm also really pleased to hear that our team were attentive to you throughout your stay; they will be thrilled to receive your compliments.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk to book your next stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2021

We had just returned from our trip to Aberdeen visiting the grandkids. We had already booked to stay at your hotel with a couple of friends.
I must say this is what we needed after a busy weekend. Such a relaxing atmosphere as soon as we walked through the doors.

Bedroom was beautiful and very clean.
Staff were absolutely amazing. Couldn’t ask for more.

Breakfast was very very good and staff again were amazing. We only booked one night so we didn’t have dinner. But will be when back in September.

We are definitely going to return for my wedding anniversary.

September can’t come quick enough.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank heleneS1859IZ

Dear heleneS1859IZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing stay with us at Dakota Edinburgh.

It's wonderful to hear that you felt our bedrooms were beautiful and cleaned to a high standard, I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in the morning and of course, look forward to welcoming you back to sample our Grill restaurant in the evening.

Most importantly, I'm delighted that you felt our team looked after you so well and couldn't have done more throughout your stay. I look forward to sharing your compliments with them.

When you wish to make your next reservation, please contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk and I would be most happy to assist.

Reviewed 28 June 2021

We had a signature suite which was very spacious, very well equipped and very clean
The breakfast of eggs benedict with haggis was excellent
ALL the staff were amazing right from the reception staff to the cleaners to the bar and breakfast staff - so friendly, so courteous and so efficient- nothing was too much trouble.

Room tip: Ask fir a room with a view of the Forth Bridge
Date of stay: June 2021

Dear Alex L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a 5* stay in our Signature Suite recently.

I'm delighted that you felt all of our team members were amazing from start to finish. We always aim to go over and above for our guests and it's wonderful that you felt so well taken care of throughout your stay.

I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team, and will of course pass on your compliments on our Eggs Balmoral on to our Breakfast Chef.