Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
£279
No booking fees
Crellins
Douglas, Isle of Man

Mostly excellent

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Aug 2021
We did enjoy our stay and we would return. After many years of visiting central Edinburgh it was a good change to be based in Queensferry for a few days. Both North and South Queensferry were charming and the walk over the original road bridge was great.
Our suite was just as per the pictures and we loved the space,comfort and views. Unfortunately we struggled with the aircon to get the room cool enough though staff did try and help.
There were a couple of niggles. Our suite included the complementary champagne which we had before dinner and then found we had been charged for it on our bill. The room also included the mini bar which was meant to be restocked for our second day but this didn't happen until we asked.
On a more positive note, dinner was lovely and all the staff were incredibly pleasant and helpful both during the visit and when making the booking.
Responded 5 Sept 2021
Dear Crellins,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your recent 'staycation' at Dakota Edinburgh.

It is great to read that after several years of staying in Edinburgh City Centre for your breaks away, that you selected Dakota Edinburgh for a change of scenery and I am pleased to see that you were not disappointed with this decision.

Our Suites really are beautiful rooms and provide the ultimate space for complete comfort and relaxation so it is lovely to see that you thoroughly enjoyed it. However I am sorry to read that your mini-bar was not restocked on your second day and that you had to ask our team to do so, I will be sure to pass this comment on to our housekeeping management.

First class service is something is which we pride ourselves in so it is thrilling to see that the main positive aspects of your stay is that our team were 'incredibly pleasant and helpful' both prior to your arrival and during your time with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team.

I do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dakota in the near future. Should you wish to make any further reservation please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk and I will be happy to assist.

Warm Regards,
    £363
3.0 miles from Dakota Edinburgh
View more hotels in South Queensferry
3,457 results
All reviews forth road bridge reception staff stylish hotel executive room close to the airport an overnight stay fantastic hotel one night stay reception area cooked breakfast fantastic stay comfy bed city centre queensferry tesco edinburgh wee
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

I stayed here on the night before my wedding along with my family and bridal party. I had a beautiful suite on the 5th floor which I would highly recommend. Bed was huge and very comfortable. All the staff we came across were professional and friendly. We ordered room service for breakfast which was delicious.
We would not hesitate to return.

Date of stay: August 2021
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2021

Dear Lowriec91,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a kind 5-star review from your stay at Dakota Edinburgh ahead of your big day.

It was a pleasure having you and your party staying with us the night before your wedding and I am thrilled to read that you had a wonderful evening in the Suite and that everything ran smoothly the morning of your special day.

We would like to wish you both a lifetime of happiness and hope that we can have the honour of welcoming you back to Dakota Edinburgh in the near future. Should this be the case, please do contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk and I will take great pleasure of taking care of your booking arrangements.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

My partner and I visited for 1 night before flight. As always staff very attentive and friendly. Room as always spacious, clean , bathroom spotless. Bed comfortable. Easy parking and check info. The waiter think his name began with Sab was an excellent host. Thank you to staff on all levels for a fantastic stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank robert c
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear enncle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm pleased to hear that you have joined us at Dakota Edinburgh previously and felt your most recent stay delivered the same high standards as previous expereinces.

Our Housekeeping team will be delighted with your compliments on your spotlessly clean bathroom; I look forward to sharing them. I also look forward to passing on your feedback on our teams attentive service throughout your stay, and will of course highlight your comments to Sabato.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to make your next reservation on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

First time at Dakota and will be first of many!!!
Steaks were great,drinks were great,breakfast was lovely and the staff couldn’t do enough for you 👍😊
Only downside was the room was on the small side for 3 people.
Nice extras in the room with the coffee machine and fridge.
Nice also to come back to a room with air con 👍

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bear1972,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed a 5* experience here with us at Dakota Edinburgh recently.

It's wonderful that you felt the hotel was stunning, the food and drinks served were great, and that our teams service was very attentive throughout. I look forward to sharing your compliments with them.

While our Executive bedrooms do contain additional features such as a Nespresso coffee machine, bathrobes and slippers, and a Sky Movies package, they are no bigger in size than our Classic bedrooms.

When you wish to book your next reservation, please contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk to discuss suitable rooms for two adults and child, and I would be most happy to assist.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

I left a review on another account on our previous visit to the Dakota Edinburgh, but I would once again like to highlight the unbelievable service and attentiveness of Sabato. Myself and my girlfriend made a dinner reservation and were treated well for the duration of our stay in the grill, but once we moved through to the bar we were served by Sabato who we could hardly forget from our last stay. I made a point of saying that he had made our last visit memorable, and after chatting to us for a while he produced a couple of glasses of champagne, which he absolutely did not need to do. I can not recommend the Dakota Edinburgh enough, as it is a beautiful hotel and extremely welcoming, but the staff (and in particular Sabato) are what make the experience more than worthwhile. We also requested a couple of glasses to our room and were asked if we would also like an ice bucket, again showing the amazing customer service on offer here. As previously stated, I can’t recommend this hotel enough and would like to give a massive thank you to all the staff who tended to us throughout our stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RB1995

Dear RB1995,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us again.

I'm thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed another memorable stay here at Dakota Edinburgh.

Most importantly, I'm delighted to hear that Sabato has contributed so greatly to your experience with us and I very much look forward to sharing your compliments with him. Our team always aim to go above and beyond with the service they deliver to our guests, and I know Sabato will be equally as pleased to hear that his level of care has not gone unnoticed.

Should you wish to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk to make your next reservation, I would be most happy to assist.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Another great family dinner/evening at the Dakota in Edinburgh. Thank you Brigitte for the excellent service and compliments to the chef. The food and service was great as always and the side of honey and chilli cauliflower was exceptional.
We’ll be back next week

Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Dear secretdiner77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you have joined us in our Grill restaurant on several occasions and enjoyed another great evening here recently.

It's wonderful to hear that you feel the service our team deliver as well as the food our Chef's prepare is always of a high standard. Admittedly, our crispy honey and chilli cauliflower is one of our most popular dishes and I'm certain will be on the menu for you to enjoy for a while to come. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the team including Brigitte.

If I can be of any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk.