Lowest prices for your stay
£116
£116
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£100
No booking fees
3,412 results
All reviews forth road bridge reception staff stylish hotel executive room close to the airport an overnight stay fantastic hotel one night stay reception area cooked breakfast fantastic stay comfy bed city centre queensferry tesco edinburgh wee
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2024

Where to start, just about perfect in every way. Location excellent in that it has great links to airport, trains and motorways but more than this the team is excellent.
Rooms are superb, food is fantastic, nothing seems too much trouble a real home from home.

Room tip: Nothing I could suggest would improve my experience of staying here.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2024

Dear SparacusBC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a very kind 5-star review from your recent stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you had a "perfect in every way" stay with us and that all aspects of the hotel were of a main highlight. Our hallmarks here at Dakota are good food, attentive service and stylish surroundings, and it is clear from your review that we have achieved this, and therefore I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with the team.

I do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dakota in the near future and kindly ask that should you wish to return, that you email me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk and I will be happy to assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 25 February 2024

My wife and I really do like the Dakota. Stayed there many times. However, my request to the Dakota team is that the pillows might be the worst excuse for a pillow for any upscale hotel ever. They’re like flat lumps of something. Useless. Now, maybe there are better pillows tucked away somewhere. If so, it would be good to know. Also, the duvets are so thick that we both roast to death underneath them. We either have to strip out the insides and just use the duvet cover or boil. Again, maybe there’s some light weight blankets somewhere. If so, please let us know. We want to come back, but we need to get this sorted. No point in staying when we both have a terrible sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DoJoManRocks,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your recent stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am pleased to see that overall, you do enjoy your experience with us, however disappointed that this is tarnished by the comfort and quality of your sleep due to your bedding preferences. Here at Dakota, we always aim to go the extra mile for all of our guests and do everything in our power to ensure the most relaxing and comfortable stay possible, therefore I do hope that you gave us the opportunity to offer you alternative solutions to ensure your stay was as enjoyable as it could have been.

I do hope that this experience would not deter you from returning to Dakota, and kindly ask that should you wish to return, that you email myself directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk and I will be happy to assist with the arrangements.

Reviewed 22 February 2024 via mobile

Great boutique hotel. Clean, well stocked, lovely decor & comfortable beds. We absolutely love the Dakota brand and would always chose to stay on one over most other hotels. Lovely quiet area and free parking is a bonus. They. Had a cot available for our son too which was set up for arrival.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Shellbuckle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a kind 5-star review from your recent stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay, and that the comfort and cleanliness of your room, along with the service provided by the team was of a main highlight. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Reviewed 18 February 2024

Upon arriving the service was excellent right to the minute we left , upon entering the bar and grill the host i think his name was george absolutely fantastic service not a fault the whole night , big thankyou to george and the restuarant staff as they made our night special and one to remember, i will return

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron L
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2024

Dear Aaron L,

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful evening with us to celebrate Valentines. The whole team are committed to ensuring you have the perfect stay and George, along with the whole hotel will be delighted that they had such a positive impact on your stay. I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with the team.

As always, we look forward to continuing to welcoming you back to Dakota, and if I can be of any assistance with the booking process, please do not hesitate to email me directly on guestrelations@edb.dakotahotels.co.uk

Reviewed 17 February 2024 via mobile

LOVELIEST PLACE, stayed a night for two and reception were the loviest people!!! Highlight of the night was our server at the bar and grill.Blonde girl, Didn't ask for a name unfortunately, but we came around 6pm 17 Feb so i hope she gets the recognition she truly deserves!
Made our 2 year anniversary as special as ever.Absolute delight !! We had the flat iron steak and the smoked haddock starter, which we were sceptical for at first but the taste was immaculate so were the portions. they were just right. They even accommodated us with a free sharing starter which was very delightful,even my boyfriend who didn’t like some of the main ingredients used loved it! shame it wasn’t on the menu. recommend highly for a stay and definitely for the bar and grill!!

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Niko G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a kind 5-star review from your recent experience at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful evening to celebrate your anniversary and its great to see that we made this special occasion so memorable for you both. We pride ourselves on delivering a top class level of service so I am pleased to see that we have achieved what we set out to do- I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with the team.