“A quality place”

Priory Lodge Guest House
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We spent 2 days at the Priory. Our room was large and comfortable, the hosts generous and obliging, and the location excellent. It was lovely to be able to walk around this historic area where there is a lovely park nearby, plus the waterfront view of the bridges and a good array of restaurants/bars give the place a good feel. In addition the bus stop right outside the door gave us easy access to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I stayed in Priory Lodge on 20th July and really enjoyed our stay. We can see why this is no 1 in South Queensferry. We stayed jn the annex which was obciously seperate from the main b & b but no less charming. The b & b is centrally located, just a short walk from the main street.

The place is spotless, welcoming and has everything you need away from home. Little touches like robes, handcream, fridge, nail cippers etc really help make your stay extremely comfortable. Slept really well which is unusual for me!

I have never seen such a variety of breakfast dishes! Amazing and delicious.

Would definitely recommend this b & b and expect that we will be back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

no need to reiterate all the good comments. just a confirmation.
we were bumped out of another place, just passed by the Priory Lodge, asked and they made it possible to give us a nice room on the spot.

besides, South queensferry is a wonderful spot for a relaxing weekend without the strenuous travel to distant far out places.

Room Tip: all is quiet there...
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and myself stayed here last weekend, and I must say, it's the highest quality B & B we've ever been to. The rooms were spotless, had everything you'd ever need for your stay (except maybe a fan - it was an extremely hot weekend!), and the attention to detail and all the extra touches, not to mention the superb breakfast, made for a very enjoyable stay. I'd have no hesitation in recommending Priory Lodge, and we'll no doubt be back some time in the future ourselves.
We were so impressed, I even left a special bottle of limited edition beer for Gordon, the owner, as a surprise "thank-you" gift for all his and his wife Calmyn's hospitality during our stay. Our Hearts were gladdened with their kindness, and the high standards and pride they obviously take in their business.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

the absolute best b&b i've encountered!
as this was the first night of our holiday , we spent the rest of that week comparing the lacks of other b&b's next to the Priory lodge Guest house.
in fact , as we was touring all tru scotland on our motorbikes , we change the route to spend another night there.
next trip we make will start and end at the Priory lodge ,just to make sure it;s a holiday well spent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have stayed here at least twice a year for the last 20 years and I never get tired of it. The service, rooms and food are a lot better than I get in 4 star hotels. Gordon and Calmyn can not do enough for you and the breakfast always keeps me going til lunch time.
With the railway station only a 10-15 min walk away it is so easy to leave your car and take the train into Edinburgh and all for only £4 approx.
This has to be the best B & B in Scotland.

Room Tip: You have to have the full cooked Breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 668John
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Me and my partner went here as a very last minute get away after some bad news. It was completely what we needed! The couple who owned the lodge were both very friendly and welcoming, both with good old scots humour! The rooms were really cosey and comfortable, nod were cleaned daily and supplied with fresh towels. There were lovely Scottish touches in the room such as real Scottish shortbread ( topped up daily) and your own Scottish sheep teddy to let the staff know if you want your room cleaning. The breakfast was brilliant, with a wide selection for everyone, I did enjoy the salted porridge with baileys though myself, but the haggis was a close second! Brilliant location, very accessible to Edinburgh by car or bus, and south queensferry Is a very beautiful, quiet town, with lovely places to eat, more for the over 50's though. Brilliant stay and would definitely recommend and return. Thanks again :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple