“Great value, looked clean, but had bed bugs”
Review of Chase Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winnsboro
Chase Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winnsboro
Lake Charles, LA
“Great value, looked clean, but had bed bugs”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews online about this hotel, I was very pleased to find such a great value for our one night stay. When we got there, I checked the mattress for bed bugs, as I do at each hotel I stay in. I didn't see any. I did notice yellow stains on the sheets, so I asked for fresh sheets on my bed. Before we went to sleep, I didn't check the mattress but did check the sheets. There were no other problems with the room until my husband sat up in bed the next morning. When his head came up off the pillow, a bug crawled across the pillow. I captured it in a ziploc. I attempted to identify it using the internet and thought it was possibly a bed bug. I also took a picture of it and sent it to our friend, who is our exterminator. She verified it was a bed bug. In the meantime, I checked both beds again. My husband found two more bugs in the other bed. I went to the front desk and showed the lady the one we caught. I can say that she was more than apologetic, and she promptly refunded us our money.

I am not in the business of bashing and degrading, however I believe that potential guests need to be informed. I feel that this was isolated to possibly just our room, as we had other family members staying in two other rooms with no problem. I do feel it is crucial because we now have to launder all our clothes, bag up our suitcases, and figure out how to get rid of potential bed bugs and their eggs so we don't spread them when we return home.

I really want to rate Chase Suites with a higher rating, but bed bugs won't cut it.

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank ManandDan

Solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Yes, the place is a little worn, but clean! I didn't use the breakfast, brought/cooked my own food. Fridge and micro in room, internet at 36 Mbps. I don't need a pool or fitness room, plenty of "work out" with a 10-11 hr work day. The weekly rate made the place even better. I would use again with I came back to Winnsboro. Could smell the steaks cooking over at nearby restaurant 'Brown's Landing.'

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank cdieter
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The owners of this property are dedicated to quality service and clean rooms. Everything in the room worked such as the television, refrigerator, a/c and lighting. All of our requests for extra towels and an extra pillow were met promptly. The price of the room was right for the quality of the room. The mattress was very comfortable! If you need a hotel in northeast Louisiana, and would like an economically priced motel, give strong consideration to staying here; you will not be disappointed.
Terry S., Tennessee

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is not as high priced as most hotels. Nice location. Needed to keep up rooms better. Bed was ok. Don't expect much at breakfast. Not as clean as most rooms. Need to update rooms. Add a fitness center.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

These were very nice, clean rooms. Nice location to stay and not a crowded room. The only thing it needed was a pool. Right outside of town so not bad. Price was better than Best Western.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy H
Cincinnati
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were on a road trip through Louisiana and Mississippi and decided to stop here based on the TA reviews. Our room was a decent size but I wouldn't call it big. It was clean but was badly needing some renovation. The breakfast was meager. Based on this and the price, i would normally rate the property Very Good. However, this "no smoking" room badly smelled of cigarette smoke. Inside, the toilet ran constantly because of a leaky flapper and the single handle faucet came off at the slightest touch. We went to report these issues to the evening manager, not because we wanted them fixed (we were only staying one night) but so she would be aware of them and so she would not charge us the $200 cleaning fee for smoking in the room. The manager was very rude to us. So, reading the other reviews here I've come to believe that I just imagined that I made a reservation at Chase Suites and that the sign in front of the Motel said Chase Suites. It must have all just been a dream...or more likely a Nightmare.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank HikingFoolCincinnati
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Big rooms with very comfortable beds and free internet and breakfast. Plenty of parking and a very friendly staff. Microwaves and refrigerators and a great tv channel lineup. The best resturaunt in the area is 1/4 a mile away. The only complaint was the stated continental breakfast hours were 6am-9am and at 6:15 they had not started or even brewed coffee yet.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank spackler43

Been to Chase Suites? Share your experiences!