“Check out the other two hotels in Winnsboro FIRST”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winnsboro
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I was in town and stayed here under a group reservation that was made by a relative who lives near the hotel.

Im in the military so after checking in I asked if I was getting the government rate. They told me that I was getting their "best available rate." So I asked what that was and was told $70/night. However, the gov't rate listed on the BW website is $60/night. Even after I showed the website to the manager, he still still refused to adjust the price of the room. He explained that the website I was looking at was corporate Best Western and that the Monroe Best Western charges $70 for gov't.

A reasonable expectation would be for the manager to honor the on line rate until the discrepancy between theirs and the corporate rates can be corrected.

Aside from the rate issue, I found the service to be quite poor. They just weren't very friendly. Not at all what I expect from a hotel. They didn't even ask me if I enjoyed my stay when I checked out.

I called the front desk my first night because I couldn't get wifi to work, but no one answered. I let the phone ring for several minutes to no avail.

Other than that the room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

That said I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Waynef722

Reviewed 17 May 2014

As always this location is able to get me in a room on the spur of the moment and the staff is always extremely nice and understanding that most of my work is done at night. it is always a pleasure to stay at this location

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Aside from a check in experience incident, the stay was quite nice. For the most part, everything was very good to excellent - the location, cost, value etc. Family and freinds have joined us for a stay at this facility several times and I do not believe any one left with disappointment in the facility.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have stayed here many times because my family lives in this town and there are only a couple of hotels/motels here. It is just a small motel but very clean and the beds are comfortable. I had a larger room this time and enjoyed that. The breakfast area was very clean and that is so important to me. Also there is a Mexican Restaurant just steps away from the lobby!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family stays here often because our son resides in the area and we stay in the hotel when visiting for business or pleasure. We have always found the staff attentive and courteous. There is some variation in the setup of the rooms, but most are spacious and the beds are comfortable and the price reasonable. There are not many hotels in this area to choose from; so if you need one, the Best Western in Winnsboro is a good place to go.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I periodically travel to northwestern Louisiana on business. I always make it a point to stay at the Best Western. Their are other hotel options in Winnsboro and the surrounding community, but the efficient, friendly service, the recently remodeled rooms, and location make the difference for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl C
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Excellent place to sleep, dine, and relax. I would advise all friends and relatives to visit the locations in this chain of hotels. The internet connections are available and the breakfast are for champions. The tv channels are great and the help was excellent. The cleanliness of the facility was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!