“Blah”

Sammy's Grill
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Zachary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Alaska
“Blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I went on a sunday afternoon, the place was packed with screaming kids. Even though it was a cool day they had the fans and air conditioning going full on, wish I'd worn my coat instead of a light jacket. They sat us next to the kitchen doors so between the screaming kids and crashing dishware noise it was impossible to think, let alone converse. The salad was bagged lettuce mix. My main dish of chicken with a crawdad sauce was ok but nothing to rave about, mostly cornstarch mix. If you have kids it might be a good place to go, they must have a very cheap kids menu. I won't be going back. The waiter was nice though.

• Visited March 2014

Central, Louisiana, United States
“One of the best resturants in Baton Rouge area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have eaten seafood all over Baton Rouge and I have to say, Sammy's is the best so far. No matter what you eat, the quality of the food and service does not vary. If you are from out of town try any of the Sammy's in the Baton Rouge area.

• Visited February 2014
Zachary, Louisiana
“Great food an awesome staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Good food an great staff they are Very friendly an helpful the waiters an waitress are good an very attentive it's a great family restaurant

• Visited March 2014
Mid-Michigan
“Excellent Bayou Catfish and Bread Pudding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Had the Bayou Catfish at the Zachary location on Monday. It was so good that we came to the Baton Rouge location on Wednesday to have it again. Zachary was a bit better than Baton Rouge, but both were excellent. More than enough for two of us, with good service and a decent atmosphere. (Again, Zachary was a bit better but there is little to complain about.)

Perfect catfish. White sauce is marvelous and the crawfish make the whole thing better. French fries weak, but we substituted onion rings ($1 extra) in Baton Rouge

Good work!

• Visited January 2014
“Overpriced and Overrated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I eat here pretty frequently due to the fact that my friends and family members seem to like this place but I am never that impressed it is so expensive for the quality of food you get everything is just okay and I feel I could make it better if I made it myself at home not worth it in my opinion plus all the servers are like 16 so the service is exhausting.

1 Thank Rebekahleann78