Wildwood Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$105
US$101
Agoda.com
US$136
US$127
getaroom.com
Quality Inn(Natchitoches)
US$82
Hampton Inn Natchitoches(Natchitoches)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$101
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Natchitoches)(Great Value!)
US$71
Rodeway Inn(Mansfield)
All reviewstoledo bend lakelodgepoolslodgingwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We rented cabins 14 and 15 for our group of four couples and two children and it was perfect. The grounds were very well kept and the staff was very accomodating. I was worried upon reading recent reviews of this place, but they were very wrong. If you are looking for luxury, go stay at a hotel. Our family was looking for a good time and we definitely got it here. We enjoyed sitting on the porch which was supplied with rocking chairs and picnic tables, fishing in the ponds, walking on the pier and swimming at the pool. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ahm3332
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We were recently at Wildwood for a relatives wedding and it was terrible! I know this is a hotel review site, but I felt that this place needed to be reviewed as an event rental. First, the planks on the deck have very wide gaps and screws not sunk in properly, catching the brides dress on several occasions. There was absolutely no decoration provided in this 'all inclusive' package, the ceremony contained two dead hanging plant baskets and that is it. The tables had no table clothes and the chairs no wraps (as was stated in the invoice). The catered food was terrible and barely eatable and plastic utensils were used. All the outsourced products, from the food to the flowers was grossly overpriced and of poor quality. If this is how the hotel treats a wedding customer I don't even want to stay here on vacation!

• Stayed: April 2011
10  Thank sktmommy
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My family has stayed MANY place on Toledo Bend over the years. We were 6 adluts, a 3 year old, a 15 month old, and two small dogs. I was a little hesitant at first because this was the most expensive place we have ever stayed. We had expectations that didn't take long to be brought to rock bottom. Although the lodge we rented (#19) had a pleasant appearence when we got there, after my grandson spent 15 minutes crawling around and playing, it was evident how dirty the place really was. His knees and socks became black with dirt in no time. The lodge was VERY short of the items you needed. The kitchen has the bare minimal in cooking utinsils. Towels for 8 people were in short supply. I don't mind paying top dollar ($365 per night!!!) for a lodge, but I also expect the lodge to be TOP DOLLAR! The worse part of the weekend came when it was time to leave. While picking up and packing, my wife got down on the floor to check under a few things for the baby's toys. What she found was paper plates full of RAT POISON in various places around the lodge!!!!! You can understand how upset she was with our 15 month old grandson and two small dogs running around everywhere. Needless to say, it scared her to death! She picked up all of it that she could find and brought it over to the office at checkout. The lady was very apologetic to my wife, but then made comments that the poison was not the kind that they used. Almost implying that we had put it there!!! This is one family that WILL NEVER stay at Wildwood again!! And we will make sure everyone we know stays away too! There are MANY places on Toledo Bend that give so much more for half the price!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Bigjohn6o
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The resort was easy to find and well-marked from the highway with consistent "Wildwood" signs at every turn. The staff was helpful and prompt through all of my correspondence before we came to stay, helping with items we should bring, the location of a local grocery store, and so on. The cabins were spacious, wonderful, clean, and convenient. When we arrived there was staff on hand waiting (since the office was closed) to personally give us directions to our cabin and offered to lead us down there with the golf cart.

BEST of all (because we had three toddlers amongst our two families) cabin 13 was absolutely perfect for young kids! Shirley had recommended 13 because of the open area in the living room, and her recommendation was spot-on. Other aspects of the cabin that we found perfect for little guys: the fact that there were no handles on the cabinets in the kitchen and no glass on the front of the TV stand. The pictures were hung high on the wall. There was literally nothing to break! We did not have to baby-proof at all really! Cabin 13 has two full baths (one with a shower/bath combo and one with a shower) and a sink in the hallway, maximizing the amount of multi-tasking you can do with two families. Additionally, there is enough floor room to move one of the single mattresses down to sleep a toddler closer to the floor in the bedroom. Or, alternatively (as we did) fit a pack and play in one of the rooms.

We enjoyed feeding the ducks, peacock, and geese and roaming around the grounds. Most of all, may I offer a truly hearty THANK YOU for the exceptional customer service that Shirley offered while we were staying at Wildwood. We had had a miscommunication at some point regarding when your pools would open (one of the primary reasons we had booked at your resort). Apparently they traditionally open Memorial Day Weekend. While they were not open while we were there, Shirley called the pool guy who advised that while it was a little dirty with leaves it was safe to swim and we were permitted to splash around in the kiddy pool for a short period of time. I believe he had even noted that he would come out, however he was attending a wedding. This truly meant a lot to our families, and it was greatly appreciated. 10/10 for customer service. The child pool was perfect at only about 1 foot deep at it's deepest point. It's in the sun, so the water was warm, but there were shaded areas and benches for the children. Additionally there were many (I saw at least four) swing and slide sets placed strategically around the grounds. AND, surprisingly the pier is slatted such that it is fairly safe for small children (I say fairly safe, but there are still areas that a dedicated child could work through). I still say pretty surprising considering!

We shall definitely be back as soon as we can find the time, and we shall be bringing more friends next time!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank msamma
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My wife and I spent 2 days at WIldwood and it was awesome. We stayed in #33 Lodge. It was 1500 sq.ft and well equipped with everything you need, including a romantic jacuzzi and fireplace. We paid $460.00 total for both nights and it was well worth the money. The 6 stocked ponds were fabulous as well as the covered and lighted fishing pier. We sat on the front porch in the rocking chairs and swing in the mornings and afternoon and just relaxed The ONLY bad thing was the swimming pools were only 3 feet deep. Other than that, everything was fine. It was so calm and peaceful. There is a grocery store in Zwolle that is about 10 min away and the restaurant there is Bill & Sissy's. Its decor is redneckish but the food it is greatand real reasonable. We are making plans for our next trip there now.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple