“Log Cabin Inn - A Welcome Respite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Log Cabin: An Island Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bailey Island
Log Cabin: An Island Inn
Windham, New Hampshire
“Log Cabin Inn - A Welcome Respite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

My wife and I spent our 25th anniversary here at the suggestion of a friend. We stayed in the Wiseman room which is just at the top of the stairs adjacent to the restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay and our dinner. The views from the Wiseman room and the deck outside were beautiful even though we hit a rainy patch of weather.

The people there were very nice and, if you are looking for some historical info on Bailey Island, they will gladly offer up the information. What was great about having a room so close to the dining area and kitchen is that if you need anything during the day they will give you whatever you need. We were looking for something upon which to place our appetizers while we were on the deck (before the rain hit) and they offered up a cheese board to cut up our cheese and it worked out great. All I had to do was to walk down the stairs from our room, without having to go outside, and they provided me with the cheese board. Also, if you like movies, they have an excellent selection of DVDs for free just outside of the dining area.

Nice people, beautiful views, and a relaxing environment made for a brief, but welcome respite, from what can be a hectic life.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are facing the ocean so I wouldn't imagine that there are any bad rooms. The Wi...
2 Thank bessebo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

My wife and I were on Baily Island in October for my nephhew's wedding and found the Log Cabin quite by accident, but I have to say that our stay with with the "family" at the Log Cabin turned our stay from nice and fun to truly outstanding.

The rooms are incredible and no special touch is overlooked. As my wife said, "it looks like someone just sat in the middle of the room and said what will make it better, then did" The view is incredible and the grounds are immaculate. Everythine is sparkling clean and there is nothing to find fault with.

To say that Sue, Alicia, Matt and Aimee are friendly and great to be around is a vast understatement. They truly made us feel as though we were at home and among friends.

Having said all of this Alicia's breakfasts are worth the total price of the rooms. Something different is served every day and it is all incredible. When we returned home I kept asking my wife why she couldn't prepare a breakfast like we had at the log cabin.

I have traveled extensively my entire life over many different countries and continents but have never stayed anywhere that made me feel as good as the Log Cabin.

If you ever get the chance, do yourself a favor and go vist with the folks at the Log Cabin on Bailey Island, Maine.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Charles P
ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Beautiful water views on the inland side, very comfortable and very Maine. Included breakfast was four courses, each one outstanding. (It is a huge meal but really too good to pass on.) Room was spotless. The family is very friendly and obviously enjoys what they do, so they do it very well. Recommended to us by someone at Cook's Lobster, a fairly well known "shack" in the area we wanted to try during our trip (also great, by the way). We found it's a leisurely 90 minute drive to Camden and it was about the same from Freeport if you take the scenic back waterway route, which is worth it.

Room Tip: web site room photos very accurate
2 Thank siwanoy
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed at the Log Cabin in October. Maine was beautiful that time of year and Bailey Island is great. The Inn itself was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The food was excellent. This is a great place to stay for a Maine getaway. The price provides a good value for what you receive, large rooms with great views.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

Driving out to the Inn is an experience unto itself as you leave the traffic and crowds behind. Bailey Island is located on the end of one of he many fingers jutting out from the Maine coast toward the Atlantic Ocean. The staff are mostly family and friends and they make you feel as though you are part of the family. The rooms are varied (we needed to change to another room on the second night because we wanted to stay two nights) and both were clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and while the dinner menu is limited, the food was wonderful. If you are lokking for a little isolation this is the spot for you. We traveled all up and down the Maine coastline and this was my wife's favorite location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coachhtj
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Log Cabin Inn was everything and more one could have imagined thanks to management that obviously was all about pleasing the guest. The suites were lovely (I was shown several) with updated comfortable furnishings plus accents of Maine in the decor. The grounds were landscaped beautifully. The breakfast was different each morning and even thought the menu is "fixed" it was always delicious. The outdoor pool was heated, clean and inviting. The staff was very accommodating but more than anything: THE VIEW! THE SUNSETS! THE LOBSTER BOATS ON THEIR MORNING RUN. The decks on the front of each suite faced a surround view that was just incredible. I tried to read a bit while I was there but...I didn't want to take your eyes off that gorgeous view. Ample parking. Quiet. I can not find one thing that wasn't top-notch about the Log Cabin Inn. Simply the best place we stayed while touring Maine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbiefish
Pepperell, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Although we've been to Bailey Island many times, this was our first stay at the Log Cabin. We needed a room that was mostly handicapped accessible and the Westview was it. Except for a small step up into the room, it was perfect. Our room had a lovely view and many amenities to make it comfortable. We even had the perfect spot to see the local fireworks. My only regret is that we could only stay one night. The breakfast was served in a formal way and was quite good. The eggs were slightly overbaked but not enough to be inedible. I am looking forward to returning on my next visit to Bailey Island.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Sebasco Estates
Chebeague Island Inn
Chebeague Island Inn
#1 of 3 in Chebeague Island

Been to Log Cabin: An Island Inn? Share your experiences!