Log Cabin: An Island Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bailey Island
See available hotels
View Hotel
Bailey Island Motel(Bailey Island)
  • Breakfast included
Sebasco Harbor Resort(Sebasco Estates)
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)
Quality Suites(Freeport)
View Hotel
All reviewsfamily runsunset roomstaff was very friendlysecond floorview of the bayhome cooked breakfastfantastic viewsspacious roomquintessential maineone night staywatch the sunsetseafooddeckhomemadeislandaccommodationsplans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed only one night, but enjoyed the pool, dinner, calm area and mainly the relaxing views.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NashvilleExplorenow
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed a week each year at the Log Cabin for 8-10 years. From arrival to departure, the people who run this Inn are friendly, helpful and very kind. The rooms are lovely, very homey, clean and each day, they restock....... it is the best. It does not feel like a motel or a place to sleep and leave for the day.... I feel like I'm staying at a friend's cozy home.
The view is extraordinary. The pool is on top of the world with the birds chirping while you swim. Breakfast is included; it's like going to a fine restaurant for breakfast, but you go in your jeans. Flower gardens, a bar, a place to play games, movies on loan, a small gift shop, maps, novels...... all for their guests.
I love the people, the place, the view and the way I feel when here. I am grateful.

Room Tip: They are all very different, so just pick one and then try another the next time you go!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Babzola
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend. The view was beautiful. There was a cool ocean breeze that came through the windows throughout the day and in the evening. The room was very clean and had almost everything we needed (had to request toilet paper). Breakfast was different every day and was delicious. Our server was very friendly and helpful about the area. Having been to Bailey Island, we didn't do all the touristy things, but rather enjoyed sitting on the many lawnchairs and reading. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet. There is an outdoor pool, but we didn't use it. You will not regret staying here if you are looking for some relaxation and quiet.

Room Tip: Look at the website to determine what is best for you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank msjcfink
Innkeeper04003, Owner at Log Cabin: An Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thanks so much for taking time to write a review! Hope we see you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 November 2011

My wife and I spent our 25th anniversary here at the suggestion of a friend. We stayed in the Wiseman room which is just at the top of the stairs adjacent to the restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay and our dinner. The views from the Wiseman room and the deck outside were beautiful even though we hit a rainy patch of weather.

The people there were very nice and, if you are looking for some historical info on Bailey Island, they will gladly offer up the information. What was great about having a room so close to the dining area and kitchen is that if you need anything during the day they will give you whatever you need. We were looking for something upon which to place our appetizers while we were on the deck (before the rain hit) and they offered up a cheese board to cut up our cheese and it worked out great. All I had to do was to walk down the stairs from our room, without having to go outside, and they provided me with the cheese board. Also, if you like movies, they have an excellent selection of DVDs for free just outside of the dining area.

Nice people, beautiful views, and a relaxing environment made for a brief, but welcome respite, from what can be a hectic life.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are facing the ocean so I wouldn't imagine that there are any bad rooms. The Wiseman room was a great value.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bessebo
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My wife and I were on Baily Island in October for my nephhew's wedding and found the Log Cabin quite by accident, but I have to say that our stay with with the "family" at the Log Cabin turned our stay from nice and fun to truly outstanding.

The rooms are incredible and no special touch is overlooked. As my wife said, "it looks like someone just sat in the middle of the room and said what will make it better, then did" The view is incredible and the grounds are immaculate. Everythine is sparkling clean and there is nothing to find fault with.

To say that Sue, Alicia, Matt and Aimee are friendly and great to be around is a vast understatement. They truly made us feel as though we were at home and among friends.

Having said all of this Alicia's breakfasts are worth the total price of the rooms. Something different is served every day and it is all incredible. When we returned home I kept asking my wife why she couldn't prepare a breakfast like we had at the log cabin.

I have traveled extensively my entire life over many different countries and continents but have never stayed anywhere that made me feel as good as the Log Cabin.

If you ever get the chance, do yourself a favor and go vist with the folks at the Log Cabin on Bailey Island, Maine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family